Nicklas Bendtner’s move to Eintracht Frankfurt in jeopardy after he prioritizes TV work [Metro]
- July 15, 2014
Nicklas Bendtner appears to have put his move to German side Eintracht Frankfurt in jeopardy after putting TV work at the top of his priorities, according to The Metro.
Bendtner was enlisted as an ‘expert’ pundit for the World Cup on Danish television and his commitment to that job has tested the patience of Frankfurt boss Thomas Schaaf.
In an extract from the article we hear how thin Schaaf’s patience had worn: ‘We are not getting anywhere. Thus we have to focus on other things,’ he told German magazine Kicker.
‘To put it on hold does not mean that negotiations will not continue at one point.’
Although many will find this to be another comic tale in the adventures of a mega flop, Bendtner really does seem like a tragic figure in football. The other day he posted a photo of the World Cup on social media, expressing hope that he would one day lift the cup. A bit funny but also pretty heartbreaking.
Once Arsenal had high hopes that he would fulfill his potential but the tall Danish striker lost focus and fitness and his career prospects are plummeting.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...