Nicklas Bendtner tells Danish press: “The plan is for me to move on from Arsenal”
- March 4, 2014
The comments made by Nicklas Bendtner to Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten will come as no surprise with the much maligned striker struggling for playing time at Arsenal.
Even with Olivier Giroud dropped of late, due to off-the-field indiscretions, Arsene Wenger has largely chosen Yaya Sanogo in the Frenchman’s place.
Bendtner spoke candidly to Jyllands-Posten ahead of Denmark’s clash with England on Wednesday and admitted his Arsenal career is all but over.
The Arsenal forward admitted: “I’m not going to stay at Arsenal – first team football is what I’m after.”
Bendtner continued: “The plan is for me to move on. I’m ready for a new challenge.”
And, with regards to holding down a spot in the Denmark side: “I know of the conditions. To keep my spot I need to play regularly.”
Bendtner also defended his reputation within football circles and said that some even perceive him to be a “psychopath.”
The Danish forward said: “My self-esteem and my confidence as a footballer has not changed, but there are many who think all I do is party. That I am completely indifferent to football, and it’s the wrong version of reality. When I find my right club, I am sure that everything will be all right in itself, if there are no more injuries.”
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...