- Schalke’s Dennis Aogo has volunteered getting food to the needy for Xmas with his mum [Pictures]
- Rio Ferdinand dresses as Santa, tells people not to drink too much over Christmas [Instagram]
- The FIFA 2015 HONEST trailer is Awesome!!! [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s Christmas message features some cracking recent Man United goals!
- Neymar bleaches his beard white for Christmas!
Nicklas Bendtner tells Danish press: “The plan is for me to move on from Arsenal”
The comments made by Nicklas Bendtner to Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten will come as no surprise with the much maligned striker struggling for playing time at Arsenal.
Even with Olivier Giroud dropped of late, due to off-the-field indiscretions, Arsene Wenger has largely chosen Yaya Sanogo in the Frenchman’s place.
Bendtner spoke candidly to Jyllands-Posten ahead of Denmark’s clash with England on Wednesday and admitted his Arsenal career is all but over.
The Arsenal forward admitted: “I’m not going to stay at Arsenal – first team football is what I’m after.”
Bendtner continued: “The plan is for me to move on. I’m ready for a new challenge.”
And, with regards to holding down a spot in the Denmark side: “I know of the conditions. To keep my spot I need to play regularly.”
Bendtner also defended his reputation within football circles and said that some even perceive him to be a “psychopath.”
The Danish forward said: “My self-esteem and my confidence as a footballer has not changed, but there are many who think all I do is party. That I am completely indifferent to football, and it’s the wrong version of reality. When I find my right club, I am sure that everything will be all right in itself, if there are no more injuries.”
- Updated: March 4, 2014