Nicklas Bendtner tells Danish press: “The plan is for me to move on from Arsenal”
The comments made by Nicklas Bendtner to Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten will come as no surprise with the much maligned striker struggling for playing time at Arsenal.
Even with Olivier Giroud dropped of late, due to off-the-field indiscretions, Arsene Wenger has largely chosen Yaya Sanogo in the Frenchman’s place.
Bendtner spoke candidly to Jyllands-Posten ahead of Denmark’s clash with England on Wednesday and admitted his Arsenal career is all but over.
The Arsenal forward admitted: “I’m not going to stay at Arsenal – first team football is what I’m after.”
Bendtner continued: “The plan is for me to move on. I’m ready for a new challenge.”
And, with regards to holding down a spot in the Denmark side: “I know of the conditions. To keep my spot I need to play regularly.”
Bendtner also defended his reputation within football circles and said that some even perceive him to be a “psychopath.”
The Danish forward said: “My self-esteem and my confidence as a footballer has not changed, but there are many who think all I do is party. That I am completely indifferent to football, and it’s the wrong version of reality. When I find my right club, I am sure that everything will be all right in itself, if there are no more injuries.”
Watch Live Stream
- Some Arsenal fans are still angry after the Watford win (Videos)August 27, 2016
- The quadruple is on: Gooners celebrate after the Watford win (Arsenal Fan TV Videos)August 27, 2016
- Watford’s Walter Mazzarri produces brilliant line on Arsenal trioAugust 27, 2016
- Arsenal boss confirms Lucas Perez and Shkodran Mustafi have been signed (Video)August 27, 2016
- Nicklas Bendtner gets fitness help from Arsenal & Leicester players [Instagram]June 25, 2016
- Arsenal legends Lukas Podolski & Nicklas Bendtner Troll Spurs on TwitterMay 15, 2016
- Ex Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner released by Wolfsburg: Twitter reactsApril 25, 2016
- Wolfsburg give up on Nicklas Bendtner, release ex-Arsenal forward from his contract [Ekstrabladet]March 31, 2016