Nicklas Bendtner starts 2014 an Arsenal hero with a late winner to beat Cardiff [Vine]
- January 1, 2014
Arsenal huffed, they puffed, and for 89 minutes it looked like not being enough. But then Nicklas Bendtner arrived.
Arsenal maintained their title push on New Year’s Day with a 2-0 win over Vincent Tan’s Cardiff, and the Dane stole the headlines with the opener in the final minutes of the game.
The Gunners broke Cardiff’s resistance when a cross was delivered into the mixer from Nacho Monreal, Bacary Sagna’s header saved by Cardiff keeper Marshall and Nicolas Bendtner stormed in to kncok the ball over the line.
Bendtner picked up an injury steering the ball over the line, and the Dane was replacement by Thomas Vermaelen minutes after finding the target.
See how Nicklas Bendtner started 2014 an Arsenal hero with a late winner to beat Cardiff below.
- Man United and Arsenal stars make up the bulk of Michael Owen’s Dream Team XI [Vi...
- Arsenal Fan TV laud the ‘massive’ signing of Petr Cech from Chelsea [Video]
- Arturo Vidal rules out moving to Arsenal because of fans’ obsession with Twitter ...
- First Interview: Petr Cech believes his experience can help Arsenal win the title [Video]
- Kuwaiti Chelsea fan burns Petr Cech’s shirt after keeper’s move to Arsenal ...
- Chelsea fan trolls Petr Čech’s Wikipedia page following move to Arsenal
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi