Nicklas Bendtner confirms on Instagram that he is close to an Arsenal return
News filtered through via The Times on Wednesday evening that Nicklas Bendtner was close to an Arsenal return.
The Danish striker injured his ankle after scoring in the 2-0 victory over Cardiff and is needed by Arsene Wenger after the long-term injury suffered by Theo Walcott.
Bendtner seems unlikely to be fit for Monday night’s clash with Aston Villa but there have been suggestions he will make the game against Fulham a week later.
With the likes of Yaya Sanogo and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain returning to fitness, there are now question marks over whether Arsene Wenger needs to splash the cash on attacking reinforcements in the January transfer window.
Nicklas Bendtner uploaded the picture above on to Instagram with the following tagline: “Ankle is getting there. #arsenal #arsenalfamily #afc #23”
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal boss rules Olivier Giroud out of Burnley game, positive news for Coquelin (Video)September 30, 2016
- Arsenal should start searching for a new manager as Arsene Wenger opens the door for EnglandSeptember 30, 2016
- Arsenal star Alex Iwobi plays FIFA and Chills with Copa 90 (Video)September 29, 2016
- It looks like Theo Walcott is finally making good on his Alexis Sanchez arrival warningSeptember 29, 2016
- Lord Nicklas Bendtner scores 1st goal for Nottingham Forest (official video)September 28, 2016
- #TheRebootIsOn: Lord Bendtner thanks the Arsenal fansSeptember 21, 2016
- Nottingham Forest vs Arsenal [Team Sheets]September 20, 2016
- Arsenal’s Arsene Wenger admits shock at Nicklas Bendtner’s move to Nottingham Forest (Video)September 20, 2016