Nick Powell scores wonder solo goal for Manchester United U21s v Stoke
- November 6, 2012
Despite playing only a few games for the Manchester United first team there is plenty of hype surrounding Nick Powell at Old Trafford.
The former Crewe midfielder impressed in pre-season, was calm and assured against Chelsea in Manchester United’s Capital One Cup defeat last week and is beginning to justify why he is being described as the “new Paul Scholes.”
Whether Powell can break into Sir Alex Ferguson’s Manchester United side this season remains to be seen but the England Under-21 international is clearly one for the future.
This was further confirmed on Monday night as Manchester United Under-21s drew 1-1 with Stoke, having fallen behind to the Potters after an early goal.
On 44 minutes, Powell picked up the ball on the left touchline, danced past three men and then planted a beauty for the Manchester United U21s equaliser.
The official Manchester United website described the goal as “a dazzling slalom run.”
Video of the goal is below – many apologies for the poor quality – we will replace should we find a better version.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”256057″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...