Nick Powell scores wonder solo goal for Manchester United U21s v Stoke
- November 6, 2012
Despite playing only a few games for the Manchester United first team there is plenty of hype surrounding Nick Powell at Old Trafford.
The former Crewe midfielder impressed in pre-season, was calm and assured against Chelsea in Manchester United’s Capital One Cup defeat last week and is beginning to justify why he is being described as the “new Paul Scholes.”
Whether Powell can break into Sir Alex Ferguson’s Manchester United side this season remains to be seen but the England Under-21 international is clearly one for the future.
This was further confirmed on Monday night as Manchester United Under-21s drew 1-1 with Stoke, having fallen behind to the Potters after an early goal.
On 44 minutes, Powell picked up the ball on the left touchline, danced past three men and then planted a beauty for the Manchester United U21s equaliser.
The official Manchester United website described the goal as “a dazzling slalom run.”
Video of the goal is below – many apologies for the poor quality – we will replace should we find a better version.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”256057″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi