- Man United & Liverpool target Memphis Depay is eccentric & doesn’t talk to the media [Talksport Audio]
- Angry Flamengo player gives ref incredibly hard handshake after 1-0 defeat to Vasco [GIF]
- Close up footage of the tension on Barcelona’s bench during the win over Valencia [Video]
- Robin van Persie made his Man United return for the U21s v Leicester [Individual highlights]
- Russian international Ivan Novoseltsev proposes to his girlfriend on the pitch at full time [Video]
Nick Powell scores wonder solo goal for Manchester United U21s v Stoke
- November 6, 2012
Despite playing only a few games for the Manchester United first team there is plenty of hype surrounding Nick Powell at Old Trafford.
The former Crewe midfielder impressed in pre-season, was calm and assured against Chelsea in Manchester United’s Capital One Cup defeat last week and is beginning to justify why he is being described as the “new Paul Scholes.”
Whether Powell can break into Sir Alex Ferguson’s Manchester United side this season remains to be seen but the England Under-21 international is clearly one for the future.
This was further confirmed on Monday night as Manchester United Under-21s drew 1-1 with Stoke, having fallen behind to the Potters after an early goal.
On 44 minutes, Powell picked up the ball on the left touchline, danced past three men and then planted a beauty for the Manchester United U21s equaliser.
The official Manchester United website described the goal as “a dazzling slalom run.”
Video of the goal is below – many apologies for the poor quality – we will replace should we find a better version.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”256057″]