Neymar booked, then sent straight off for stamping in Santos’ draw with Gremio
- October 1, 2012
There was a bit of an omionus air surrounding Neymar from the moment he was booked for dissent during Santos’ draw with Gremio.
As it is, each time he visits Porto Alegre to take on Gremio, he receives extra attention from a side more known for uncouth defending than samba skills.
Looking more agitated and riled as the game wore on, the Brazilian Boy Wonder got tangled up in a challenge with with Pará, and stamped down on the Gremio player qfter being kicked, where he could have skipped over him while going for the ball.
Similar to the incident that saw Wayne Rooney sent off for a stamp on Ricardo Carvalho at the 2006 World Cup, it’s inconclusive that Neymar definitely stamped down with intent, although Neymar didn’t exactly look shocked with the decision, and it doesn’t make great viewing for the Santos captain.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”238808″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...