- Arsenal legend Thierry Henry tweets brilliant Christmas meme of himself [Picture]
- Man United’s Radamel Falcao posts picture & religious message on Instagram to celebrate Christmas
- Man United loan star Nani (Sporting) dresses up as Santa Claus to deliver presents [Picture]
- Behind the Scenes of James Milner’s boring Christmas video for Man City [Video]
- Borussia Dortmund release incredible video of fans & players singing ‘Jingle Bells’ [Video]
Neymar booked, then sent straight off for stamping in Santos’ draw with Gremio
There was a bit of an omionus air surrounding Neymar from the moment he was booked for dissent during Santos’ draw with Gremio.
As it is, each time he visits Porto Alegre to take on Gremio, he receives extra attention from a side more known for uncouth defending than samba skills.
Looking more agitated and riled as the game wore on, the Brazilian Boy Wonder got tangled up in a challenge with with Pará, and stamped down on the Gremio player qfter being kicked, where he could have skipped over him while going for the ball.
Similar to the incident that saw Wayne Rooney sent off for a stamp on Ricardo Carvalho at the 2006 World Cup, it’s inconclusive that Neymar definitely stamped down with intent, although Neymar didn’t exactly look shocked with the decision, and it doesn’t make great viewing for the Santos captain.
- Updated: October 1, 2012