- Team Sheets: Arsenal v Manchester United
- Mark Lawrenson: ‘Dave Whelan should stand down as Wigan chairman’ [Video]
- Dortmund’s Marco Reus has his ankle bent in a grim injury, likely out for Arsenal game [Pictures]
- Manchester United weighing up January bid for Real Madrid’s Pepe [Metro]
- Leeds, 15th in the Championship with one win in their last 9, take 7000 fans to Blackburn [Pictures]
Neymar put on a brilliant performance to lead Barcelona to a 2-1 win over Villarreal [Individual highlights]
Lionel Messi was again absent for Barcelona on Saturday night, but the Catalans picked up three points against Villarreal to maintain their frontrunners position on top of La Liga.
The star of the show for Barca was 20-year-old starlet Neymar.
Neymar scored both goals for Barca in an energetic display, and the Brazilian is starting to fulfill his massive price tag with five goals in two games, and 10 goals for the Catalans this season.
Neymar was Barcelona’s biggest threat and opened the scoring with a confidently-taken penalty in the first half. The Brazilian attacker showed electric pace whenever on the ball and won the match with his close range finish before the break.
On the downside, Neymar was booked in the match meaning he’ll be out of the next game away at Getafe.
Watch Neymar’s individual highlights against Villarreal below.
- Updated: December 14, 2013