Neymar picked up a ridiculous booking during Barcelona win over Villarreal, suspended for Getafe
Neymar’s two-goal haul for Barcelona, to secure a 2-1 win over Villarreal, came at a cost for the Catalan giants.
A booking with five minutes remaining means he is suspended for the visit to Getafe next week having accumulated five yellow cards this campaign.
And it was not your regular booking for Neymar, but one which simply looks to have been on a whim from referee Ignacio Iglesias.
Neymar was booked for taking a corner kick too slowly, much to his amusement and the crowd behind the goal at the Nou Camp.
The likes of Andres Iniesta, Xavi and Gerard Pique all protested Neymar’s innocence to no avail and the Brazilian said afterwards: “I do not know what happened. I have not done anything.”
Subsequently, it has emerged that the official referee report for the La Liga match states “Neymar was booked for taking the corner too early.”
It will be interesting to see how Barcelona get on without both their “Galacticos” at Getafe…
Watch Live Stream
- Arda Turan denied Luis Suarez an easy tap-in so the striker made sure to return the favour (Video)August 29, 2016
- Luis Suarez called ref Mateu Lahoz a ‘Clown’ during Barcelona’s 1-0 win at Athletic Bilbao (Video)August 29, 2016
- Barcelona accidentally leak early photo of Paco Alcacer on their websiteAugust 29, 2016
- Barcelona youth team show awesome sportsmanship after beating Japanese side (Video)August 29, 2016
- Neymar’s son Davi calls his two new puppies after his favourite Barcelona stars (Video)August 24, 2016
- Gabriel Jesus defends Neymar for abusing a Brazil fan after the Olympics finalAugust 24, 2016
- Neymar continues to get close to ex girlfriend Bruna Marquezine (Videos)August 22, 2016
- After winning Olympic gold, Neymar lost it with a Brazil fan in the Maracana crowd (Video)August 22, 2016