- ‘That’s football!’ Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers laughs off favourite-for-the-sack tag [Video]
- Gaz Metan perform crazy free-kick routine in Romanian league, nearly works! [Video]
- Trollstation, the idiot pitch invaders at Spurs v Partizan, admit they are Arsenal supporters
- Angel Di Maria compares Man United’s Wayne Rooney to Lionel Messi [Daily Mail]
- Respect! Bayern’s Mario Gotze is selling his World Cup winning boot for charity [Bild]
Neymar picked up a ridiculous booking during Barcelona win over Villarreal, suspended for Getafe
Neymar’s two-goal haul for Barcelona, to secure a 2-1 win over Villarreal, came at a cost for the Catalan giants.
A booking with five minutes remaining means he is suspended for the visit to Getafe next week having accumulated five yellow cards this campaign.
And it was not your regular booking for Neymar, but one which simply looks to have been on a whim from referee Ignacio Iglesias.
Neymar was booked for taking a corner kick too slowly, much to his amusement and the crowd behind the goal at the Nou Camp.
The likes of Andres Iniesta, Xavi and Gerard Pique all protested Neymar’s innocence to no avail and the Brazilian said afterwards: “I do not know what happened. I have not done anything.”
Subsequently, it has emerged that the official referee report for the La Liga match states “Neymar was booked for taking the corner too early.”
It will be interesting to see how Barcelona get on without both their “Galacticos” at Getafe…
- Updated: December 15, 2013