- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas has a history of leading the PL assists chart at the halfway stage [Graphic]
- Ashley Barnes (Burnley) thumping equaliser v Man City from behind the goal [Video]
- Real Madrid keepers Keylor Navas & Iker Casillas make incredible saves in training [Video]
- Shots fired! Fernando Torres admits he left Liverpool for Chelsea to win trophies
- Watch Swindon Town’s Australian midfielder Massimo Luongo amazing skills [Video]
Neymar picked up a ridiculous booking during Barcelona win over Villarreal, suspended for Getafe
Neymar’s two-goal haul for Barcelona, to secure a 2-1 win over Villarreal, came at a cost for the Catalan giants.
A booking with five minutes remaining means he is suspended for the visit to Getafe next week having accumulated five yellow cards this campaign.
And it was not your regular booking for Neymar, but one which simply looks to have been on a whim from referee Ignacio Iglesias.
Neymar was booked for taking a corner kick too slowly, much to his amusement and the crowd behind the goal at the Nou Camp.
The likes of Andres Iniesta, Xavi and Gerard Pique all protested Neymar’s innocence to no avail and the Brazilian said afterwards: “I do not know what happened. I have not done anything.”
Subsequently, it has emerged that the official referee report for the La Liga match states “Neymar was booked for taking the corner too early.”
It will be interesting to see how Barcelona get on without both their “Galacticos” at Getafe…
- Updated: December 15, 2013