Neymar picked up a ridiculous booking during Barcelona win over Villarreal, suspended for Getafe
- December 15, 2013
Neymar’s two-goal haul for Barcelona, to secure a 2-1 win over Villarreal, came at a cost for the Catalan giants.
A booking with five minutes remaining means he is suspended for the visit to Getafe next week having accumulated five yellow cards this campaign.
And it was not your regular booking for Neymar, but one which simply looks to have been on a whim from referee Ignacio Iglesias.
Neymar was booked for taking a corner kick too slowly, much to his amusement and the crowd behind the goal at the Nou Camp.
The likes of Andres Iniesta, Xavi and Gerard Pique all protested Neymar’s innocence to no avail and the Brazilian said afterwards: “I do not know what happened. I have not done anything.”
Subsequently, it has emerged that the official referee report for the La Liga match states “Neymar was booked for taking the corner too early.”
It will be interesting to see how Barcelona get on without both their “Galacticos” at Getafe…
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...