Neymar picked up a ridiculous booking during Barcelona win over Villarreal, suspended for Getafe
- December 15, 2013
Neymar’s two-goal haul for Barcelona, to secure a 2-1 win over Villarreal, came at a cost for the Catalan giants.
A booking with five minutes remaining means he is suspended for the visit to Getafe next week having accumulated five yellow cards this campaign.
And it was not your regular booking for Neymar, but one which simply looks to have been on a whim from referee Ignacio Iglesias.
Neymar was booked for taking a corner kick too slowly, much to his amusement and the crowd behind the goal at the Nou Camp.
The likes of Andres Iniesta, Xavi and Gerard Pique all protested Neymar’s innocence to no avail and the Brazilian said afterwards: “I do not know what happened. I have not done anything.”
Subsequently, it has emerged that the official referee report for the La Liga match states “Neymar was booked for taking the corner too early.”
It will be interesting to see how Barcelona get on without both their “Galacticos” at Getafe…
- Juventus star Paul Pogba plays down talk of Barcelona in interview with Soccer 360
- Barcelona hero Neymar sends young girl signed boots after she writes essay about him [V...
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Chile goalkeeper Claudio Bravo claims there are no plans to mark Barca star Leo Messi i...
- Bobby Adekanye confirms he has signed for Liverpool from Barcelona on Instagram
- Leo Messi orders manager Tata Martino to make substitutions during Copa America semi v ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi