- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
Neymar, Neymar’s sister, Fernandinho, Bebeto & Julio Baptista rally around Dani Alves after racist abuse [Instagram]
Two of the most popular hashtags overnight on Sunday were #somostodosmacacos #weareallmonkeys.
Dani Alves’ banana incident at Villarreal spark immediate worldwide outrage from footballers across the planet, and the Brazilian right back saw many of his countrymen immediately come to his defence after he was racially abused on Sunday night.
To recap, after a banana was thrown from the stands at Villarreal, Dani Alves bent down, put up the fruit and ate it on the pitch.
Alves’ forthcoming response on the pitch was backed up by many Brazilians on social networks, with the likes of Neymar, Neymar’s sister, Fernandinho, Bebeto and Julio Baptista all quickly rallying around the Barcelona full-back in the face of the deplorable behaviour from the supporters.
Many of the Brazilian stars took pictures holding bananas, while posting messages of support.
Below are some of the Instagram posts from Brazilian stars in support of Dani Alves (note: the messages have been translated by Google).
- Updated: April 28, 2014