Neymar, Neymar’s sister, Fernandinho, Bebeto & Julio Baptista rally around Dani Alves after racist abuse [Instagram]
- April 28, 2014
Two of the most popular hashtags overnight on Sunday were #somostodosmacacos #weareallmonkeys.
Dani Alves’ banana incident at Villarreal spark immediate worldwide outrage from footballers across the planet, and the Brazilian right back saw many of his countrymen immediately come to his defence after he was racially abused on Sunday night.
To recap, after a banana was thrown from the stands at Villarreal, Dani Alves bent down, put up the fruit and ate it on the pitch.
Alves’ forthcoming response on the pitch was backed up by many Brazilians on social networks, with the likes of Neymar, Neymar’s sister, Fernandinho, Bebeto and Julio Baptista all quickly rallying around the Barcelona full-back in the face of the deplorable behaviour from the supporters.
Many of the Brazilian stars took pictures holding bananas, while posting messages of support.
Below are some of the Instagram posts from Brazilian stars in support of Dani Alves (note: the messages have been translated by Google).
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]