Neymar breaks down in tears recalling horror spine injury: ‘I could have ended up in a wheelchair’ [Video]
- July 10, 2014
Neymar gave a press conference today, his first public utterance since his World Cup dream ended 6 days ago following Zuniga’s brutal knee into his back in the World Cup quarter final.
After visiting the training ground, Neymar spoke to the press, and asked for his take on the injury – which he said ‘wasn’t a normal tackle’, Ney Junior understandably got pretty emotional, as he recalled the horror injury.
Neymar began, ‘God protected me, by…because….(he then breaks down at the recollection)
‘…I could have ended up in a wheelchair.’ (….)
‘….In such an important moment in my career…and I ended up suffering like that….but that’s part of sport.’
Neymar then struggled to compose himself again, as the horror image came flooding back to him; the poor guy is still probably in a mild state of shock.
And conflated with Tuesday’s Mineirazo debacle, which he watched from home, Neymar’s nerves and emotions must be being put through the wringer.
(He’s not being melodramatic about the wheelchair either; had Zuniga connected 2cm higher, it’s strongly believed Neymar could have been left permanently paralyzed.)
Watch the video below.
- Brazil beat Colombia in the Pan Am final, sub Maurine scored an olimpico golazo with he...
- Chelsea’s Lucas Piazon scored a quality goal for Brazil at the Pan American Games...
- Fluminense unveil the signing of ex Barcelona superstar Ronaldinho to thousands of fans...
- Arsenal star Mesut Ozil pays for 11 more operations for sick Brazilian children [Quotes]
- Amazing: Bayern Munich’s Thomas Muller trolls Brazil a year on from the 7-1 defea...
- Barca’s Dani Alves: Pep Guardiola wanted to coach Brazil team for World Cup 2014 ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi