Neymar breaks down in tears recalling horror spine injury: ‘I could have ended up in a wheelchair’ [Video]
- July 10, 2014
Neymar gave a press conference today, his first public utterance since his World Cup dream ended 6 days ago following Zuniga’s brutal knee into his back in the World Cup quarter final.
After visiting the training ground, Neymar spoke to the press, and asked for his take on the injury – which he said ‘wasn’t a normal tackle’, Ney Junior understandably got pretty emotional, as he recalled the horror injury.
Neymar began, ‘God protected me, by…because….(he then breaks down at the recollection)
‘…I could have ended up in a wheelchair.’ (….)
‘….In such an important moment in my career…and I ended up suffering like that….but that’s part of sport.’
Neymar then struggled to compose himself again, as the horror image came flooding back to him; the poor guy is still probably in a mild state of shock.
And conflated with Tuesday’s Mineirazo debacle, which he watched from home, Neymar’s nerves and emotions must be being put through the wringer.
(He’s not being melodramatic about the wheelchair either; had Zuniga connected 2cm higher, it’s strongly believed Neymar could have been left permanently paralyzed.)
Watch the video below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...