Newcastle’s Kinnear: I’ve been in discussion with David Lambiast, with Dave, with Mike!
- June 17, 2013
Joe Kinnear, famous for once calling Charles N’Zogbia ‘Charles Insomnia’, started his new job as Newcastle’s Director of Football with another verbal gaffe.
After news broke on Sunday that Kinnear would be returning to St James’ Park in order to manage the club’s transfer strategy, Sky Sports News managed to secure the first interview with the Magpies’ newest employee.
Straight out the gate Kinnear bungled his lines as he forgot the name of his new bosses.
Asked about how the deal came about, Kinnear got tongue-tied on the 24-hours sports news channel, leading him to splutter:
It’s been an ongoing situation now for about three weeks. I’ve been in discussion with David Lambiast…, erm, with Dave… [tut], with Mike! And once we clarified the situation on what my role would be I… in charge of finance, erm, transfers!
The interview did little to allay the fears of Newcastle fans who believe Joe Kinnear is not the right man for their club.
Watch the opening snippet of Joe Kinnear’s interview with Sky Sports below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...