Newcastle’s Hatem Ben Arfa tells France Football he can still win a Ballon d’Or
- September 17, 2013
After playing a starring role in successive Newcastle wins, Hatem Ben Arfa has opened up to France Football in a most revealing interview, published on Tuesday morning.
Goals in successive games against Fulham and Aston Villa have once again restored Ben Arfa to key man status at Newcastle and he makes one outlandish claim in the French magazine.
Ben Arfa: ” “People will think I’m crazy, but I still dream of winning the Ballon d’Or. I’m sure it’s still possible. In 20 or 30 years, I want my name to be mentioned alongside those of Platini, Zidane, Pele or Maradona.”
The Newcastle winger then goes on to discuss his troubled relationship with former Marseille coaches Laurent Blanc and Didier Deschamps: “I regret my behavior and apologize. I let down a lot of people.”
HBA continued: “I was convinced that it would be easy from a young age. I admit that for a long time modesty was not really my thing. I thought my talent was enough to break through and succeed. Since I was little everyone kept telling me I was the best and I believed it. It took time and a bit of intelligence, before I realized that I had lost my way. I was wrong.”
Are we now going to see a changed Hatem Ben Arfa in 2013/2014? Toon fans will certainly hope so.
[gthumb id=”354726″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]