Newcastle’s Hatem Ben Arfa tells France Football he can still win a Ballon d’Or
After playing a starring role in successive Newcastle wins, Hatem Ben Arfa has opened up to France Football in a most revealing interview, published on Tuesday morning.
Goals in successive games against Fulham and Aston Villa have once again restored Ben Arfa to key man status at Newcastle and he makes one outlandish claim in the French magazine.
Ben Arfa: ” “People will think I’m crazy, but I still dream of winning the Ballon d’Or. I’m sure it’s still possible. In 20 or 30 years, I want my name to be mentioned alongside those of Platini, Zidane, Pele or Maradona.”
The Newcastle winger then goes on to discuss his troubled relationship with former Marseille coaches Laurent Blanc and Didier Deschamps: “I regret my behavior and apologize. I let down a lot of people.”
HBA continued: “I was convinced that it would be easy from a young age. I admit that for a long time modesty was not really my thing. I thought my talent was enough to break through and succeed. Since I was little everyone kept telling me I was the best and I believed it. It took time and a bit of intelligence, before I realized that I had lost my way. I was wrong.”
Are we now going to see a changed Hatem Ben Arfa in 2013/2014? Toon fans will certainly hope so.
[gthumb id=”354726″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
Watch Live Stream
- Watch Hatem Ben Arfa and Unai Emery in their first PSG training session (Video)July 4, 2016
- Hatem Ben Arfa gives incredible Deal With It response at PSG unveiling (Video)July 4, 2016
- PSG announce signing of Hatem Ben Arfa from NiceJuly 1, 2016
- Lyon President Jean-Michel Aulas has a big Hatem Ben Arfa transfer scoop; claims he’s PL-boundJuly 1, 2016
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp explains why he signed Georginio Wijnaldum (Video)July 23, 2016
- Liverpool present Georginio Wijnaldum after signing midfielder from Newcastle (Video)July 22, 2016
- Liverpool sign Georginio Wijnaldum from Newcastle United [Tweet]July 22, 2016
- Real Madrid interested in Newcastle United’s Moussa Sissoko [Chronicle]July 22, 2016