- A shirtless Thierry Henry reacts to New York Red Bulls 1 – New England Revolution 2 [Video]
- Still Got It! 41 year old Cuauhtemoc Blanco scores free-kick for Puebla v Santos Laguna
- (Chelsea’s) Fernando Torres has disappointing 73 minutes in AC Milan 1 – Inter 1 [Individual Highlights]
- AC Milan 1 – Inter Milan 1 [Video Highlights]
- ‘Oh No You Don’t!’ Xavi forced Messi back out onto pitch to receive guard of honour [GIF]
Newcastle sign Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa for €8 million from Montpellier (French reports)
Widespread reports in France this evening confirm Newcastle have made yet another signing from France’s Ligue 1: highly-rated Montpellier defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa.
Rumours of a Newcastle move for the 23-year-old centre back have been rife for a few days with today’s 2-1 home defeat to Reading accentuating the need for reinforcements.
L’Equipe report that Montpellier have accepted an eight million euro bid for Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa this evening and the defender will travel to England early next week to meet with Newcastle boss Alan Pardew and to discuss terms.
Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa had been linked with a number of big clubs, including Arsenal and AC Milan, but this is believed to have been the first serious bid received by the Ligue 1 side.
Footage of Newcastle bound Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa is on the video below.
- Updated: January 19, 2013