- Arsenal loanee Ryo Miyaichi scores lovely goal for Jong FC Twente vs Jong PSV [Video]
- Bojan & Victor Moses score sublime goals in 4-1 Stoke FA Cup win at Rochdale [GIFs]
- Rochdale fans troll Robbie Savage with chant during FA Cup defeat to Stoke [Video]
- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
Newcastle sign Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa for €8 million from Montpellier (French reports)
Widespread reports in France this evening confirm Newcastle have made yet another signing from France’s Ligue 1: highly-rated Montpellier defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa.
Rumours of a Newcastle move for the 23-year-old centre back have been rife for a few days with today’s 2-1 home defeat to Reading accentuating the need for reinforcements.
L’Equipe report that Montpellier have accepted an eight million euro bid for Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa this evening and the defender will travel to England early next week to meet with Newcastle boss Alan Pardew and to discuss terms.
Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa had been linked with a number of big clubs, including Arsenal and AC Milan, but this is believed to have been the first serious bid received by the Ligue 1 side.
Footage of Newcastle bound Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa is on the video below.
- Updated: January 19, 2013