- Spurs boss Pochettino says there’s more to come from 30-goal Harry Kane [Video]
- Bayern’s Sebastian Rode does a Reverse Robben v Hoffenheim [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers amazingly suggests Liverpool were overawed by occasion v Aston Villa [Video]
- Leo Messi takes to tattooing, draws his number 10 on famous ink artist [Pictures]
- Jose Mourinho’s prophecy about Ander Herrera’s dive ultimately came true [Video]
Newcastle sign Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa for €8 million from Montpellier (French reports)
- January 19, 2013
Widespread reports in France this evening confirm Newcastle have made yet another signing from France’s Ligue 1: highly-rated Montpellier defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa.
Rumours of a Newcastle move for the 23-year-old centre back have been rife for a few days with today’s 2-1 home defeat to Reading accentuating the need for reinforcements.
L’Equipe report that Montpellier have accepted an eight million euro bid for Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa this evening and the defender will travel to England early next week to meet with Newcastle boss Alan Pardew and to discuss terms.
Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa had been linked with a number of big clubs, including Arsenal and AC Milan, but this is believed to have been the first serious bid received by the Ligue 1 side.
Footage of Newcastle bound Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa is on the video below.