Newcastle set to bid €29m for St Etienne pair Aubameyang & Zouma [France Football]
- June 27, 2013
Newcastle’s plundering of Ligue 1 looks set to continue this summer with France Football suggesting on Thursday evening that the Toon to make a move for St Etienne pair Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (pictured above) and Kurt Zouma.
Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is currently one of the most coveted players in France having scored 19 goals in 37 appearances for Les Verts in 2012/2013.
In January, Newcastle were interested in Aubameyang and have, according to France Football, had a 16 million euro bid for the striker already turned down.
Now, Newcastle are set to return to the Ligue 1 side and bid for Aubameyang and highly-rated defender Kurt Zouma.
At just 18, Zouma has come through the ranks at St Etienne and made 18 appearances last season, scoring two goals.
France Football add that Aubameyang has attracted interest from all over Europe and German sides Borussia Dortmund and Bayer Leverkusen as well as Anzhi Makhachkala are keeping an eye on developments.
Above all, this suggested double move should encourage Newcastle fans that super scout Graham Carr still appears to be driving recruitment despite the arrival of new director of football Joe Kinnear.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...