Newcastle pull out of move for Bafetimbi Gomis, switch attention to Loic Remy [L’Equipe]
- July 29, 2013
French newspaper L’Equipe report this Monday morning that Newcastle have switched their striker targets from Bafetimbi Gomis to Loic Remy.
After their latest bid of 8 million euros for Gomis was rejected by Lyon, Newcastle have decided to stop negotiations with the Ligue 1 side.
It was understood to have been Newcastle’s second bid for Gomis as they look to add striking reinforcements to the likes of Papiss Demba Cisse and Shola Ameobi.
L’Equipe add that Newcastle look set to now prepare a loan move and offer to QPR for Loic Remy, who impressed in a side that was relegated at the back end of 2012/2013.
It seems likely that Newcastle will have to agree a purchase option at the end of this coming campaign on Remy with QPR, for a fee of around 6.8 million pounds.
Gomis meanwhile has just one year left on his current deal at Lyon and it would be a surprise where he not to be offloaded this summer.
Video evidence of Loic Remy is below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]