- The Wealdstone Raider thanks Rio Ferdinand and Piers Morgan for their support [Video]
- Crazy! Alexandre Meier scores two goals in last minute to rescue point for Frankfurt in 4-4 draw! [Video]
- Cheeky! Porta [Independiente] knocks the ball past keeper, stops it on the line and backheels it in [Video]
- Nabil Bentaleb’s first Spurs goal came courtesy of a fumble from Newcastle keeper Jak Alnwick [Video]
- Openly gay footballer Robbie Rogers speaks about overwhelming support after coming out [Video]
Newcastle pull out of move for Bafetimbi Gomis, switch attention to Loic Remy [L'Equipe]
French newspaper L’Equipe report this Monday morning that Newcastle have switched their striker targets from Bafetimbi Gomis to Loic Remy.
After their latest bid of 8 million euros for Gomis was rejected by Lyon, Newcastle have decided to stop negotiations with the Ligue 1 side.
It was understood to have been Newcastle’s second bid for Gomis as they look to add striking reinforcements to the likes of Papiss Demba Cisse and Shola Ameobi.
L’Equipe add that Newcastle look set to now prepare a loan move and offer to QPR for Loic Remy, who impressed in a side that was relegated at the back end of 2012/2013.
It seems likely that Newcastle will have to agree a purchase option at the end of this coming campaign on Remy with QPR, for a fee of around 6.8 million pounds.
Gomis meanwhile has just one year left on his current deal at Lyon and it would be a surprise where he not to be offloaded this summer.
Video evidence of Loic Remy is below.
- Updated: July 29, 2013