Newcastle pull out of move for Bafetimbi Gomis, switch attention to Loic Remy [L’Equipe]
French newspaper L’Equipe report this Monday morning that Newcastle have switched their striker targets from Bafetimbi Gomis to Loic Remy.
After their latest bid of 8 million euros for Gomis was rejected by Lyon, Newcastle have decided to stop negotiations with the Ligue 1 side.
It was understood to have been Newcastle’s second bid for Gomis as they look to add striking reinforcements to the likes of Papiss Demba Cisse and Shola Ameobi.
L’Equipe add that Newcastle look set to now prepare a loan move and offer to QPR for Loic Remy, who impressed in a side that was relegated at the back end of 2012/2013.
It seems likely that Newcastle will have to agree a purchase option at the end of this coming campaign on Remy with QPR, for a fee of around 6.8 million pounds.
Gomis meanwhile has just one year left on his current deal at Lyon and it would be a surprise where he not to be offloaded this summer.
Video evidence of Loic Remy is below.
- Radamel Falcao close to Chelsea move; Crystal Palace favourites for Loic Remy [Sunday T...
- West Ham target Chelsea’s Loic Remy & 18-year-old Alen Halilovic [Guardian]
- Fan cam footage of Loic Remy’s winner for Chelsea v Sydney FC [Video]
- Chelsea striker Loic Remy scores sublime winner against Sydney [Video]
- Arsenal target Alexandre Lacazette (Lyon) talks about scoring from distance (Video)
- Arsenal target Alexandre Lacazette slams Lyon president and manager (Quotes)
- Lyon’s Mathieu Valbuena trolled at an airport, asked ‘where is Snow White?&...
- Match between Marseille and Lyon suspended for 23 minutes after crazy crowd disturbance...
- Everyone Captained Sergio Aguero… yet only 1 of the top 50 in FPL owns Man City s...
- Watch Man City 6 – Newcastle 1 as reported on Soccer Saturday (Video)
- Best Tweets & Vines as Sergio ‘Kun’ Aguero scores 5 goals for Man City...
- Chelsea & Newcastle old-boy Demba Ba scores a hat-trick in the Chinese Cup (Video)