- Ronaldinho reproduces awesome ‘Shark Attack’ move in hardcore game of Foot-Volley
- Liverpool fan post-Ludogorets: ‘Steven Gerrard showed he can still do it, he was superb’ [Video]
- Ludogorets’ late equalizer against Liverpool gave Phil Thompson a migraine [Vine]
- Per Mertesacker post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘It was a mental test, and we were absolutely solid’
- Oxlade-Chamberlain post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘I’m delighted for Yaya Sanogo’ [Video]
Newcastle pull out of move for Bafetimbi Gomis, switch attention to Loic Remy [L'Equipe]
French newspaper L’Equipe report this Monday morning that Newcastle have switched their striker targets from Bafetimbi Gomis to Loic Remy.
After their latest bid of 8 million euros for Gomis was rejected by Lyon, Newcastle have decided to stop negotiations with the Ligue 1 side.
It was understood to have been Newcastle’s second bid for Gomis as they look to add striking reinforcements to the likes of Papiss Demba Cisse and Shola Ameobi.
L’Equipe add that Newcastle look set to now prepare a loan move and offer to QPR for Loic Remy, who impressed in a side that was relegated at the back end of 2012/2013.
It seems likely that Newcastle will have to agree a purchase option at the end of this coming campaign on Remy with QPR, for a fee of around 6.8 million pounds.
Gomis meanwhile has just one year left on his current deal at Lyon and it would be a surprise where he not to be offloaded this summer.
Video evidence of Loic Remy is below.
- Updated: July 29, 2013