- Ronaldinho reproduces awesome ‘Shark Attack’ move in hardcore game of Foot-Volley
- Liverpool fan post-Ludogorets: ‘Steven Gerrard showed he can still do it, he was superb’ [Video]
- Ludogorets’ late equalizer against Liverpool gave Phil Thompson a migraine [Vine]
- Per Mertesacker post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘It was a mental test, and we were absolutely solid’
- Oxlade-Chamberlain post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘I’m delighted for Yaya Sanogo’ [Video]
Newcastle U18s thumped Sunderland 4-0 in the FA Youth Cup, Quinn got a hat-trick [Match Highlights]
3,500 fans were at St James’ Park this week to watch Newcastle’s U18s take on Sunderland in the FA Youth Cup, and the match turned out to be one-sided affair for the Tynesiders.
Jonathyn Quinn, Newcastle’s #9, was the hero of the evening for Newcastle as the centre-forward bagged a hat-trick against their bitter Wearside rivals, however the Magpies were on edge until the final moments of the first 45.
A minute before the halftime interval Newcastle took a game-changing lead as Rolando Aarons clipped in a cross from the right which Quinn’s clinically finished.
Quinn doubled his tally at the start of the second half following a clanger from Sunderland keeper, and the young striker rounded off his hat-trick in 73rd minute. Adam Armstrong got Newcastle’s fourth.
Watch match highlights of Newcastle 4 – Sunderland 0 from the FA Youth Cup below.
- Updated: January 22, 2014