Newcastle U18s thumped Sunderland 4-0 in the FA Youth Cup, Quinn got a hat-trick [Match Highlights]
- January 22, 2014
3,500 fans were at St James’ Park this week to watch Newcastle’s U18s take on Sunderland in the FA Youth Cup, and the match turned out to be one-sided affair for the Tynesiders.
Jonathyn Quinn, Newcastle’s #9, was the hero of the evening for Newcastle as the centre-forward bagged a hat-trick against their bitter Wearside rivals, however the Magpies were on edge until the final moments of the first 45.
A minute before the halftime interval Newcastle took a game-changing lead as Rolando Aarons clipped in a cross from the right which Quinn’s clinically finished.
Quinn doubled his tally at the start of the second half following a clanger from Sunderland keeper, and the young striker rounded off his hat-trick in 73rd minute. Adam Armstrong got Newcastle’s fourth.
Watch match highlights of Newcastle 4 – Sunderland 0 from the FA Youth Cup below.
- Newcastle v Borussia Monchengladbach: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly
- Revealed: Newcastle officially unveil their new Puma away kit for 2015-16 [Pictures]
- Newcastle’s Haris Vuckic scores a solo goal of the season contender v Ajax (Video)
- Sheffield United 2 – Newcastle 2: Georginio Wijnaldum scores for the 2nd game run...
- Rolando Aarons posts Instagram video of his two golazos for Newcastle United (Video)
- Aleksandar Mitrović confirms Newcastle signing of Anderlecht teammate Chancel Mbemba [HNB]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi