New Southampton boss Mauricio Pochettino’s finest moment in English football so far
- January 18, 2013
Friday morning brought shocking news to the Premier League. Saints boss Nigel Adkins, who led Southampton to successive promotions, was sacked.
Sitting 15th in the league, Southampton immediately appointed Argentinian Mauricio Pochettino. Almost unheard of in England, Pochettino’s name will ring bells with knowledgeable football fans.
For Pochettino is the man that brought down Michael Owen in 2002, allowing David Beckham to fire home from the penalty spot for a 1-0 win.
He’ll be hoping to be remembered by English football fans as more than ‘the guy who fouled Michael Owen’. He’ll start with a tough home game against Everton.
Watch footage of Pochettino’s clumsy tackle on Michael Owen here:
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...