- Sheffield United release statement retracting decision to allow Ched Evans train
- Heads Up! Robbie Keane pings balls at the LA Galaxy buggy driver [Video]
- Serious Moves! Chelsea’s Didier Drogba performs Moonwalk-type dance in Ivory Coast [Video]
- Manchester United’s Daley Blind thanks fans for injury encouragement via Instagram
- Bacary Sagna: ‘I joined Manchester City because Arsenal couldn’t win trophies’ [Sun]
New PSG boss Blanc targets Newcastle’s Cabaye, fee of €15m mooted [Le Parisien]
On the day after Laurent Blanc was installed as the new manager of PSG, French paper Le Parisien are reporting that the the riegning Ligue 1 champs are chasing Newcastle’s Yohan Cabaye.
According to the article, Cabaye is PSG’s number one midfield target this summer.
With David Beckham now departed, PSG’s central midfield options are limited to just Blaise Matuidi and Marco Verratti. As such further recruits are vital for PSG before the 2013-14 season starts, and Cabaye has been earmarked as a player would can add extra talent in the middle of the park.
Le Parisien stress that so-far PSG have yet to bid for Newcastle’s centre-mid. Nevertheless rumours are swirling that the Frenchman would need to fork out €15 million to convince the Magpies to sell their employee.
Yet a deal does seem in the offing, particularly as Blanc has gone on the record calling Cabaye “France’s Xavi”.
Cabaye has been at St James’ Park since 2011, during which time he has chalked up 60 appearances for Newcastle scoring 10 goals.
- Updated: June 27, 2013