New PSG boss Blanc targets Newcastle’s Cabaye, fee of €15m mooted [Le Parisien]
- June 27, 2013
On the day after Laurent Blanc was installed as the new manager of PSG, French paper Le Parisien are reporting that the the riegning Ligue 1 champs are chasing Newcastle’s Yohan Cabaye.
According to the article, Cabaye is PSG’s number one midfield target this summer.
With David Beckham now departed, PSG’s central midfield options are limited to just Blaise Matuidi and Marco Verratti. As such further recruits are vital for PSG before the 2013-14 season starts, and Cabaye has been earmarked as a player would can add extra talent in the middle of the park.
Le Parisien stress that so-far PSG have yet to bid for Newcastle’s centre-mid. Nevertheless rumours are swirling that the Frenchman would need to fork out €15 million to convince the Magpies to sell their employee.
Yet a deal does seem in the offing, particularly as Blanc has gone on the record calling Cabaye “France’s Xavi”.
Cabaye has been at St James’ Park since 2011, during which time he has chalked up 60 appearances for Newcastle scoring 10 goals.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...