New footage emerges of Raul Meireles spitting at a referee to earn 11-game ban
- December 26, 2012
Last Friday we brought you news of how former Chelsea and Liverpool midfielder Raul Meireles had earned an 11-game ban for spitting at a referee after being sent off in Fenerbahce’s 2-1 defeat to Galatasaray,
Meireles protested his innocene at the time, saying: “I do not accept the charges made about me. The referee says I spit in his face but that is a lie… I have protested the decision, but the claims that I spat are an absolute lie.”
And there were plenty of Fenerbahce supporters protesting his innocence.
Now new footage has been uncovered of Raul Meireles spitting at the referee by Spanish newspaper AS and in truth it is pretty gross.
An 11-game ban seems about right…
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...