- Cristiano Ronaldo is Luke Shaw’s landlord, Man United defender rents £7000-a-month house [Mirror]
- Everton want to take Adnan Januzaj on loan from Man United this winter [People]
- Inter on the verge of a 6 month loan deal for Arsenal’s Lukas Podolski, will cost €1-2m [Gazzetta]
- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
New footage emerges of Raul Meireles spitting at a referee to earn 11-game ban
Last Friday we brought you news of how former Chelsea and Liverpool midfielder Raul Meireles had earned an 11-game ban for spitting at a referee after being sent off in Fenerbahce’s 2-1 defeat to Galatasaray,
Meireles protested his innocene at the time, saying: “I do not accept the charges made about me. The referee says I spit in his face but that is a lie… I have protested the decision, but the claims that I spat are an absolute lie.”
And there were plenty of Fenerbahce supporters protesting his innocence.
Now new footage has been uncovered of Raul Meireles spitting at the referee by Spanish newspaper AS and in truth it is pretty gross.
An 11-game ban seems about right…
- Updated: December 26, 2012