New footage emerges of Raul Meireles spitting at a referee to earn 11-game ban
- December 26, 2012
Last Friday we brought you news of how former Chelsea and Liverpool midfielder Raul Meireles had earned an 11-game ban for spitting at a referee after being sent off in Fenerbahce’s 2-1 defeat to Galatasaray,
Meireles protested his innocene at the time, saying: “I do not accept the charges made about me. The referee says I spit in his face but that is a lie… I have protested the decision, but the claims that I spat are an absolute lie.”
And there were plenty of Fenerbahce supporters protesting his innocence.
Now new footage has been uncovered of Raul Meireles spitting at the referee by Spanish newspaper AS and in truth it is pretty gross.
An 11-game ban seems about right…
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi