New Chelsea signing Mohamed Salah bags Swiss player of the year award
- January 28, 2014
Chelsea’s confirmed signing Mohamed Salah bagged no less than three accolades at the Swiss player of the year awards on Sunday night.
The Egyptian winger has taken Swiss football by storm and was the clear favourite to win the 2013 player of the year award.
Salah was voted player of the year at the gala in Lucerne but was unable to attend as he was in Madrid, completing his medical to move to Chelsea.
The 21-year-old was also voted fans favourite and Salah also bagged a spot in the Swiss Super League team of 2013.
FC Basel President Bernhad Heusler accepted Salah’s awards on behalf of the new Chelsea player and promised to send him pictures “via WhatsApp.”
Picture above and below of Salah’s player of the year award and the video link up they used to speak with the Egyptian.
- Champions League Preview: Real Madrid vs Schalke & Porto vs Basel [Video]
- Champions League Preview: Schalke vs Real Madrid and Basel vs Porto [Video]
- Basel midfielder Fabian Frei talks about facing English teams and the Champions League ...
- Jamie Carragher made fun of ex-Liverpool teammate Philipp Degen during Basel game [Tweet]
- Stevie G scores beautiful free-kick v Basel, Liverpool supporters go nuts! [VIDEO]
- Basel delete picture on Instagram joking about Liverpool, Spurs & Chelsea
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi