- Tim Sherwood hails Christian Benteke’s goal ratio after Aston Villa knock out Liverpool [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers slammed after Villa defeat; Liverpool fans want Jurgen Klopp [Best Tweets]
- Kazuyoshi Miura (48) scores second goal of the season in Japanese 2nd tier [Video]
- The best Tweets as Aston Villa beat Liverpool 2-1 to reach the FA Cup final
- Steven Gerrard slammed by Liverpool fans after FA Cup defeat to Aston Villa [Best Tweets]
New Chelsea signing Mohamed Salah bags Swiss player of the year award
- January 28, 2014
Chelsea’s confirmed signing Mohamed Salah bagged no less than three accolades at the Swiss player of the year awards on Sunday night.
The Egyptian winger has taken Swiss football by storm and was the clear favourite to win the 2013 player of the year award.
Salah was voted player of the year at the gala in Lucerne but was unable to attend as he was in Madrid, completing his medical to move to Chelsea.
The 21-year-old was also voted fans favourite and Salah also bagged a spot in the Swiss Super League team of 2013.
FC Basel President Bernhad Heusler accepted Salah’s awards on behalf of the new Chelsea player and promised to send him pictures “via WhatsApp.”
Picture above and below of Salah’s player of the year award and the video link up they used to speak with the Egyptian.