New Chelsea signing Mohamed Salah bags Swiss player of the year award
Chelsea’s confirmed signing Mohamed Salah bagged no less than three accolades at the Swiss player of the year awards on Sunday night.
The Egyptian winger has taken Swiss football by storm and was the clear favourite to win the 2013 player of the year award.
Salah was voted player of the year at the gala in Lucerne but was unable to attend as he was in Madrid, completing his medical to move to Chelsea.
The 21-year-old was also voted fans favourite and Salah also bagged a spot in the Swiss Super League team of 2013.
FC Basel President Bernhad Heusler accepted Salah’s awards on behalf of the new Chelsea player and promised to send him pictures “via WhatsApp.”
Picture above and below of Salah’s player of the year award and the video link up they used to speak with the Egyptian.
Watch Live Stream
- Jose Mourinho told Howard Webb that ‘The Man’ was going to fire him back in 2007 (Video)October 21, 2016
- Chelsea’s Thibaut Courtois suffers untimely fail in Twitter Bantz with Michy BatshuayiOctober 21, 2016
- Manchester United have a horrific record away at Chelsea since 2002 [Graphic]October 21, 2016
- Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho rules out third spell at Chelsea (Video)October 21, 2016
- Done Deal: Chelsea sell a midfielder to AS RomaAugust 3, 2016
- Roma’s Mo Salah scores twice v Tanzania to qualify Egypt for AFCON (Videos)June 4, 2016
- Nigeria-Egypt referee blows final whistle with Mohamed Salah through on goal (Video)March 26, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo prank calls Moe Salah in Simpsons inspired 442oons parody (Video)March 9, 2016