New book claims Hugo Lloris & Laurent Koscielny were behind exclusion of Samir Nasri from France squad
- June 8, 2014
The exclusion of Samir Nasri from France’s World Cup squad came into sharp focus again on Friday when it was revealed that Franck Ribery would not make it to Brazil due to injury.
Nasri was one of Manchester City’s stand-out players as they won the Premier League and it came as some surprise that Didier Deschamps could find no place for the playmaker in his 23-man France squad.
A new book was published in France this week by two famous football journalists Pierre Mennes and Daniel Riolo which suggests Nasri’s omission was not only down to Deschamps.
The book is called – “L’Explication”,” – “The Explanation” and features many of the big talking points of the season just gone.
Three senior players, in Spurs goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny and Bastia goalkeeper Mickael Landreau reportedly told Deschamps not to take Nasri to Brazil.
There had been rumours in France that the three senior French players had complained to Deschamps about Nasri’s bad influence on the Les Bleus squad. The book by Mennes and Riolo confirms this.
Lloris, the captain of France sought out Deschamps to inform him. And, Koscielny and Landreau had a similar assessment when questioned by the France boss about the City schemer.
The journalists suggest they have heard that the three senior players from the France squad wanted Nasri out from four different sources.
— Get French Football (@GFN_France) June 8, 2014
- Arsenal academy players talk about what it’s like to get your first pro contract ...
- Wenger ‘happy’ with Arsenal’s summer spending, questions Man United’s...
- Man City & Man United top transfer window net spend Premier League table [Picture]
- #WengerOut: Arsenal fan Piers Morgan blasts Arsene Wenger for lack of spending (Audio)
- Arsenal Supporters’ Trust calls for inquiry into club’s transfer strategy [...
- Martin Keown: Arsenal needed to bring in a striker (video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...