New book claims Hugo Lloris & Laurent Koscielny were behind exclusion of Samir Nasri from France squad
The exclusion of Samir Nasri from France’s World Cup squad came into sharp focus again on Friday when it was revealed that Franck Ribery would not make it to Brazil due to injury.
Nasri was one of Manchester City’s stand-out players as they won the Premier League and it came as some surprise that Didier Deschamps could find no place for the playmaker in his 23-man France squad.
A new book was published in France this week by two famous football journalists Pierre Mennes and Daniel Riolo which suggests Nasri’s omission was not only down to Deschamps.
The book is called – “L’Explication”,” – “The Explanation” and features many of the big talking points of the season just gone.
Three senior players, in Spurs goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny and Bastia goalkeeper Mickael Landreau reportedly told Deschamps not to take Nasri to Brazil.
There had been rumours in France that the three senior French players had complained to Deschamps about Nasri’s bad influence on the Les Bleus squad. The book by Mennes and Riolo confirms this.
Lloris, the captain of France sought out Deschamps to inform him. And, Koscielny and Landreau had a similar assessment when questioned by the France boss about the City schemer.
The journalists suggest they have heard that the three senior players from the France squad wanted Nasri out from four different sources.
— Get French Football (@GFN_France) June 8, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Man United legend Roy Keane calls for calm on Arsenal & Theo WalcottSeptember 29, 2016
- What new Arsenal contract? Mesut Ozil is linked with a Real Madrid return [Bild]September 29, 2016
- Arsene Wenger interested in taking England job next summer [Star]September 28, 2016
- Theo Walcott discusses his brilliant form after Arsenal 2 – Basel 0 (Video)September 28, 2016
- Spurs fans freak out after Hugo Lloris is ruled out for a month with hamstring injury [Best Tweets]August 16, 2016
- Tottenham upload green screen day clips. Ft. Kane & Alli (Videos)August 2, 2016
- New footage shows France’s Hugo Lloris injured himself just before Eder’s Portugal winner (Video)July 30, 2016
- Tottenham’s Hugo Lloris matches a French record v SwitzerlandJune 19, 2016
- Laurent Koscielny trolls Diego Costa on InstagramSeptember 25, 2016
- Rumour: Bayern Munich hope to sign an Arsenal defender as contract talks stall [Express]July 17, 2016
- Text banter between Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil & Laurent Koscielny ahead of France v Germany [Kicker]July 7, 2016
- Arsenal’s Laurent Koscielny asks L’Equipe: Is Wes Morgan better than meJune 26, 2016