New Barcelona signing Thomas Vermaelen asked: ‘Are you ever mistaken for Jude Law?’ [Video]
- August 12, 2014
After ‘passing’ his medical and signing his contract over the weekend, Thomas Vermaelen has sat down for his first interview with Barcelona’s official club channel.
The Belgian spoke of how eager he is to settle in quickly, by learning the language, and getting to know his teammates and the city.
Vermaelen also paid tribute to Carles Puyol, who’s he not been brought in to ‘replace’ as such, but in whose footsteps he’s following.
At the end of the interview, the interviewer asked him, ‘Have you ever been mistaken for the actor Jude Law?’, which cracked Vermaelen up, replying,
‘Yeah, people say that to me!’
Hm. Had him down as a dead ringer for Angelina Jolie myself.
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez won Chile the Copa America with a glorious penalty [Videos]
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez & Leo Messi shared warm embrace before Copa America...
- Arsenal fans (incl. Piers Morgan) mock Robin van Persie on Twitter ahead of Fenerbahçe ...
- ‘I am a Lion': Lukas Podolski officially unveiled as a Galatasaray player
- Galatasaray confirm Lukas Podolski will sign contract today, drawing his Arsenal career...
- Hector Bellerin speaks about how he felt when he first heard fans sing his name [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi