- Everton want to take Adnan Januzaj on loan from Man United this winter [People]
- Inter on the verge of a 6 month loan deal for Arsenal’s Lukas Podolski, will cost €1-2m [Gazzetta]
- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
New Arsenal striker Yaya Sanogo scores again for France U20s v Uzbekistan [GIF & video]
It may be a source of some frustration for Arsenal fans that Arsene Wenger plucks unknowns from France’s second division, but if the evidence of the ongoing U20 World Cup is anything to go by, The Professor may have bagged a bargain in Yaya Sanogo.
The 20-year-old, who in truth has had his injury problems in France’s Ligue 2, has been in scintillating form at the Under-20 World Cup, with the new Arsenal hitman scoring four goals in five games.
France romped to a 4-0 win over Uzbekistan on Saturday, Sanogo opening the scoring from close range after a low left wing cross.
Along with Paul Pogba, Arsenal’s first summer signing is the biggest name in a French side that has reached the semi-finals and along with Spain look the most likely to win the tournament.
If Arsenal had not bagged their man before the tournament and Sanogo finished as top goal scorer in a victorious side, how much would Wenger have had to pay then?
[gthumb id="334293" size="large" autoplay="1"]
- Updated: July 6, 2013