New Arsenal striker Yaya Sanogo scores again for France U20s v Uzbekistan [GIF & video]
- July 6, 2013
It may be a source of some frustration for Arsenal fans that Arsene Wenger plucks unknowns from France’s second division, but if the evidence of the ongoing U20 World Cup is anything to go by, The Professor may have bagged a bargain in Yaya Sanogo.
The 20-year-old, who in truth has had his injury problems in France’s Ligue 2, has been in scintillating form at the Under-20 World Cup, with the new Arsenal hitman scoring four goals in five games.
France romped to a 4-0 win over Uzbekistan on Saturday, Sanogo opening the scoring from close range after a low left wing cross.
Along with Paul Pogba, Arsenal’s first summer signing is the biggest name in a French side that has reached the semi-finals and along with Spain look the most likely to win the tournament.
If Arsenal had not bagged their man before the tournament and Sanogo finished as top goal scorer in a victorious side, how much would Wenger have had to pay then?
[gthumb id=”334293″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]