New Arsenal striker Yaya Sanogo scores again for France U20s v Uzbekistan [GIF & video]
- July 6, 2013
It may be a source of some frustration for Arsenal fans that Arsene Wenger plucks unknowns from France’s second division, but if the evidence of the ongoing U20 World Cup is anything to go by, The Professor may have bagged a bargain in Yaya Sanogo.
The 20-year-old, who in truth has had his injury problems in France’s Ligue 2, has been in scintillating form at the Under-20 World Cup, with the new Arsenal hitman scoring four goals in five games.
France romped to a 4-0 win over Uzbekistan on Saturday, Sanogo opening the scoring from close range after a low left wing cross.
Along with Paul Pogba, Arsenal’s first summer signing is the biggest name in a French side that has reached the semi-finals and along with Spain look the most likely to win the tournament.
If Arsenal had not bagged their man before the tournament and Sanogo finished as top goal scorer in a victorious side, how much would Wenger have had to pay then?
[gthumb id=”334293″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Arsenal magician Santi Cazorla packs his Ultimate XI with Spain stars (Video)
- Arsene Wenger confident of making last minute deals (Video)
- Arsene Wenger calls for video technology to solve tight offside calls (Video)
- Arsenal boss previews Newcastle & gives fitness update on Per Mertesacker & L...
- Watch Arsene Wenger’s full presser pre-Newcastle. Talks about Spurs tie & tr...
- EPL enhanced offers!!! 5/1 Arsenal to beat Newcastle, 6/1 Spurs v Everton & Real M...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...