New Arsenal striker Yaya Sanogo scores again for France U20s v Uzbekistan [GIF & video]
It may be a source of some frustration for Arsenal fans that Arsene Wenger plucks unknowns from France’s second division, but if the evidence of the ongoing U20 World Cup is anything to go by, The Professor may have bagged a bargain in Yaya Sanogo.
The 20-year-old, who in truth has had his injury problems in France’s Ligue 2, has been in scintillating form at the Under-20 World Cup, with the new Arsenal hitman scoring four goals in five games.
France romped to a 4-0 win over Uzbekistan on Saturday, Sanogo opening the scoring from close range after a low left wing cross.
Along with Paul Pogba, Arsenal’s first summer signing is the biggest name in a French side that has reached the semi-finals and along with Spain look the most likely to win the tournament.
If Arsenal had not bagged their man before the tournament and Sanogo finished as top goal scorer in a victorious side, how much would Wenger have had to pay then?
[gthumb id=”334293″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
Watch Live Stream
- This is the most ridiculous Mesut Ozil transfer story you’re going to read todayOctober 27, 2016
- Man United and Liverpool stars called up to Holland squadOctober 27, 2016
- Spanish media announce bad news concerning Arsenal’s Lucas PerezOctober 27, 2016
- Arsenal fan Troopz is hammered on social media for flip-flopping on Arsene Wenger (Videos)October 27, 2016
- Riyad Mahrez starts following Yaya Sanogo on Twitter. Arsenal fans react [Tweets]August 11, 2016
- Arsenal’s first 2016-17 training session: Yaya Sanogo returns, Jeff Reine-Adelaide’s new numberJuly 5, 2016
- Arsenal loanee Yaya Sanogo sent off for the 1st time in his career v MK Dons (Video)March 9, 2016
- Arsenal’s Yaya Sanogo scores a hat-trick on his Charlton debut, still loses (Official highlights)February 28, 2016