- Diego Simeone says Barcelona’s Leo Messi is better than Ronaldo, Bale & Benzema combined
- Neymar at the double as Barcelona win 3-2 at Atletico Madrid [Highlights]
- Porto star Jackson Martinez nets Zlatan-esque backheel volley golazo [Vine & GIF]
- Troll! Juanfran showed Barcelona’s Neymar 7 fingers, referencing 7-1 loss to Germany [Video]
- Christian Eriksen (Spurs) inch perfect free kick golazo v Sheffield United [GIF]
Neville, Beckham & Scholes on how Man United’s win over Liverpool in January 99 sparked their treble success
A new clip from the upcoming movie about Manchester United’s “Class of 92″ has been released involving Gary Neville, David Beckham and Paul Scholes.
The clip, filmed at an empty Old Trafford stadium, captured the three Man United legends recalling some of their memories from playing at the Theatre of Dreams.
Beckham spoke about his first goal for United against Galatasaray, Scholes forgot what his first goal was, while Neville brought up the Red Devils’ 2-1 win over Liverpool in the fourth round of the FA Cup back in 1999.
The Sky Sports pundit had a crystal clear memory of how his inability to stop a right wing cross lead to Michael Owen’s opener for the Reds, but United swung the match with late late strikes from Dwight Yorke and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, and Neville pinpointed that result as the spark for the club’s historic treble at the end of that unparalleled year.
Watch the clip from the Class of 92 below, along with highlights of Man United 2 – Liverpool 1 from 1999.
- Updated: November 27, 2013