Neville, Beckham & Scholes on how Man United’s win over Liverpool in January 99 sparked their treble success
- November 27, 2013
A new clip from the upcoming movie about Manchester United’s “Class of 92″ has been released involving Gary Neville, David Beckham and Paul Scholes.
The clip, filmed at an empty Old Trafford stadium, captured the three Man United legends recalling some of their memories from playing at the Theatre of Dreams.
Beckham spoke about his first goal for United against Galatasaray, Scholes forgot what his first goal was, while Neville brought up the Red Devils’ 2-1 win over Liverpool in the fourth round of the FA Cup back in 1999.
The Sky Sports pundit had a crystal clear memory of how his inability to stop a right wing cross lead to Michael Owen’s opener for the Reds, but United swung the match with late late strikes from Dwight Yorke and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, and Neville pinpointed that result as the spark for the club’s historic treble at the end of that unparalleled year.
Watch the clip from the Class of 92 below, along with highlights of Man United 2 – Liverpool 1 from 1999.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...