- Messi Milestone: Leo scores his 400th Barcelona goal v Valencia [Videos]
- Barça’s Luis Suarez given brilliant standing ovation after Valencia goal and performance [Video]
- Falcao starts: Chelsea v Manchester United [Team Sheets]
- Szczesny starts, Giroud on the bench: Reading v Arsenal [Team Sheets]
- Jamie Carragher heaps praise on Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers [Video]
Neville, Beckham & Scholes on how Man United’s win over Liverpool in January 99 sparked their treble success
- November 27, 2013
A new clip from the upcoming movie about Manchester United’s “Class of 92″ has been released involving Gary Neville, David Beckham and Paul Scholes.
The clip, filmed at an empty Old Trafford stadium, captured the three Man United legends recalling some of their memories from playing at the Theatre of Dreams.
Beckham spoke about his first goal for United against Galatasaray, Scholes forgot what his first goal was, while Neville brought up the Red Devils’ 2-1 win over Liverpool in the fourth round of the FA Cup back in 1999.
The Sky Sports pundit had a crystal clear memory of how his inability to stop a right wing cross lead to Michael Owen’s opener for the Reds, but United swung the match with late late strikes from Dwight Yorke and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, and Neville pinpointed that result as the spark for the club’s historic treble at the end of that unparalleled year.
Watch the clip from the Class of 92 below, along with highlights of Man United 2 – Liverpool 1 from 1999.