- Bad news for Liverpool. No team has finished higher than 6th after been 10th at Xmas [Graphic]
- Arsenal’s Yaya Sanogo a loan target for Crystal Palace in January [Mirror]
- Liverpool loanee Luis Alberto scored 27 seconds after coming on for Malaga v Elche [Video]
- Nuts! Bayern’s Manuel Neuer let in only his 4th goal in 17 league games v Mainz [Official Video]
- Athletic Bilbao 1 – Atletico Madrid 4: Antoine Griezmann hits a hat-trick [Highlights]
Never a red! Victor Wanyama’s severely harsh sending off for Celtic v St Mirren
You might expect this ‘on the Continent’, but surely not in the hard as nails Scottish SPL!
Celtic midfielder Victor Wanyama was sent off against St Mirren today in an incredibly harsh decision.
Going in for a 50-50 ball with St Mirren’s Paul McGowan in the middle of the park, Wanyama arrived a second late and slightly caught McGowan with his studs.
Wanyama’s reaction said it all, as he stood in open-mouthed shock at the ref’s severity.
Some will probably argue that studs showing = straight red, every time, but this is an effective way to control the ball and is impossible remove from the game entirely.
A foul, yes. A yellow card, maybe. But a red card? Never!
- Updated: March 31, 2013