Never a red! Victor Wanyama’s severely harsh sending off for Celtic v St Mirren
- March 31, 2013
You might expect this ‘on the Continent’, but surely not in the hard as nails Scottish SPL!
Celtic midfielder Victor Wanyama was sent off against St Mirren today in an incredibly harsh decision.
Going in for a 50-50 ball with St Mirren’s Paul McGowan in the middle of the park, Wanyama arrived a second late and slightly caught McGowan with his studs.
Wanyama’s reaction said it all, as he stood in open-mouthed shock at the ref’s severity.
Some will probably argue that studs showing = straight red, every time, but this is an effective way to control the ball and is impossible remove from the game entirely.
A foul, yes. A yellow card, maybe. But a red card? Never!
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”308197″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi