Never a red! Victor Wanyama’s severely harsh sending off for Celtic v St Mirren
- March 31, 2013
You might expect this ‘on the Continent’, but surely not in the hard as nails Scottish SPL!
Celtic midfielder Victor Wanyama was sent off against St Mirren today in an incredibly harsh decision.
Going in for a 50-50 ball with St Mirren’s Paul McGowan in the middle of the park, Wanyama arrived a second late and slightly caught McGowan with his studs.
Wanyama’s reaction said it all, as he stood in open-mouthed shock at the ref’s severity.
Some will probably argue that studs showing = straight red, every time, but this is an effective way to control the ball and is impossible remove from the game entirely.
A foul, yes. A yellow card, maybe. But a red card? Never!
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”308197″]
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...