Never a red! Victor Wanyama’s severely harsh sending off for Celtic v St Mirren
- March 31, 2013
You might expect this ‘on the Continent’, but surely not in the hard as nails Scottish SPL!
Celtic midfielder Victor Wanyama was sent off against St Mirren today in an incredibly harsh decision.
Going in for a 50-50 ball with St Mirren’s Paul McGowan in the middle of the park, Wanyama arrived a second late and slightly caught McGowan with his studs.
Wanyama’s reaction said it all, as he stood in open-mouthed shock at the ref’s severity.
Some will probably argue that studs showing = straight red, every time, but this is an effective way to control the ball and is impossible remove from the game entirely.
A foul, yes. A yellow card, maybe. But a red card? Never!
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”308197″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...