Neuer, Robben and Ronaldo make shortlist for UEFA Best Player in Europe award
- August 14, 2014
Bayern Munich duo Manuel Neuer and Arjen Robben have made it to the shortlist for UEFA’s Best Player in Europe award alongside Real Madrid talisman Cristiano Ronaldo.
The award, which will be handed out at the group stage draw on August 28th, will be decided by live vote after the trio were nominated by journalists from UEFA’s 54 football associations.
Neuer, a World Cup winner with Germany, was as integral a figure to Bayern’s success last season as ever, guarding the net while the German side won a domestic double.
Robben was also a member of that double-winning side and had an equally impressive World Cup, being a game-changer for Holland. The winger scored 21 goals in all competitions last term and has proved himself as one of the world’s best footballers.
But Ronaldo will be the favourite after his record amount of goals propelled Madrid to La Decima, their first Champions League triumph for 12 years. He struck 17 times in the last European campaign including in the semi-final against Bayern and the final versus Atletico.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...