Neuer, Robben and Ronaldo make shortlist for UEFA Best Player in Europe award
- August 14, 2014
Bayern Munich duo Manuel Neuer and Arjen Robben have made it to the shortlist for UEFA’s Best Player in Europe award alongside Real Madrid talisman Cristiano Ronaldo.
The award, which will be handed out at the group stage draw on August 28th, will be decided by live vote after the trio were nominated by journalists from UEFA’s 54 football associations.
Neuer, a World Cup winner with Germany, was as integral a figure to Bayern’s success last season as ever, guarding the net while the German side won a domestic double.
Robben was also a member of that double-winning side and had an equally impressive World Cup, being a game-changer for Holland. The winger scored 21 goals in all competitions last term and has proved himself as one of the world’s best footballers.
But Ronaldo will be the favourite after his record amount of goals propelled Madrid to La Decima, their first Champions League triumph for 12 years. He struck 17 times in the last European campaign including in the semi-final against Bayern and the final versus Atletico.
- Arjen Robben pulls out of Bayern Munich’s China tour with a muscle problem [Tweets]
- Arjen Robben answers fan questions about his future, injuries and teammates [Video]
- BBC duped by a fake report linking Bayern’s Thomas Muller & Arjen Robben to ...
- Bayern Munich stars feature in hilarious new club advert ft. Robben & Muller [Video]
- Bayern Munich plan €100 million bid for Chelsea star Eden Hazard [SportNet]
- Leo Messi, Mesut Ozil and a host of other stars feature in new Adidas advert [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi