Neuer, Robben and Ronaldo make shortlist for UEFA Best Player in Europe award
Bayern Munich duo Manuel Neuer and Arjen Robben have made it to the shortlist for UEFA’s Best Player in Europe award alongside Real Madrid talisman Cristiano Ronaldo.
The award, which will be handed out at the group stage draw on August 28th, will be decided by live vote after the trio were nominated by journalists from UEFA’s 54 football associations.
Neuer, a World Cup winner with Germany, was as integral a figure to Bayern’s success last season as ever, guarding the net while the German side won a domestic double.
Robben was also a member of that double-winning side and had an equally impressive World Cup, being a game-changer for Holland. The winger scored 21 goals in all competitions last term and has proved himself as one of the world’s best footballers.
But Ronaldo will be the favourite after his record amount of goals propelled Madrid to La Decima, their first Champions League triumph for 12 years. He struck 17 times in the last European campaign including in the semi-final against Bayern and the final versus Atletico.
Watch Live Stream
- Bayern publish top 5 goals from pre-season training ft. Lewandowski & Thiago beauties (Video)August 18, 2016
- Bad news for Bayern Munich’s Kingsley Coman (Video)August 17, 2016
- Manuel Neuer blasts Man United boss Jose Mourinho [Bild]August 14, 2016
- The Guardian think Arsenal could sign Bayern’s Robert LewandowskiAugust 11, 2016
- Brazilian Ronaldo picks his all-time best XI. No place for Cristiano Ronaldo (video)August 20, 2016
- Conor McGregor on Cristiano Ronaldo: He’s a nice guy but I’d slap the head off him (Video)August 15, 2016
- Uzbek Boxer Shakhram Giyasov does Cristiano Ronaldo celebration after Olympics win (Video)August 14, 2016
- The story of Ryan Giggs roughing up Cristiano Ronaldo at Man United for drinking Coke [Times]August 14, 2016