Neuer, Robben and Ronaldo make shortlist for UEFA Best Player in Europe award
- August 14, 2014
Bayern Munich duo Manuel Neuer and Arjen Robben have made it to the shortlist for UEFA’s Best Player in Europe award alongside Real Madrid talisman Cristiano Ronaldo.
The award, which will be handed out at the group stage draw on August 28th, will be decided by live vote after the trio were nominated by journalists from UEFA’s 54 football associations.
Neuer, a World Cup winner with Germany, was as integral a figure to Bayern’s success last season as ever, guarding the net while the German side won a domestic double.
Robben was also a member of that double-winning side and had an equally impressive World Cup, being a game-changer for Holland. The winger scored 21 goals in all competitions last term and has proved himself as one of the world’s best footballers.
But Ronaldo will be the favourite after his record amount of goals propelled Madrid to La Decima, their first Champions League triumph for 12 years. He struck 17 times in the last European campaign including in the semi-final against Bayern and the final versus Atletico.
- Robin van Persie loses Dutch captaincy, Arjen Robben takes over the Oranje armband
- Arjen Robben: Thomas Muller is flattered to be linked with Man United (video)
- Arjen Robben makes Manchester United title contenders with Memphis Depay on form
- EX Chelsea star Arjen Robben wants Kevin De Bruyne to reject Manchester City [Algemeen ...
- Arjen Robben pulls out of Bayern Munich’s China tour with a muscle problem [Tweets]
- Arjen Robben answers fan questions about his future, injuries and teammates [Video]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...