- Falcao starts: Chelsea v Manchester United [Team Sheets]
- Szczesny starts, Giroud on the bench: Reading v Arsenal [Team Sheets]
- Jamie Carragher heaps praise on Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers [Video]
- Arsenal’s defensive midfield wall Francis Coquelin previewsCup semi-final v Reading [Video]
- Arsenal’s Danny Welbeck talks about his new role playing on the wing [Video]
Nene (Al Gharafa) flies off the handle and whacks Houssine Kharja (Al Arabi) round the head
- March 19, 2013
Roll! Ruck! Smack!
A mad incident occurred in Qatar on Tuesday night.
Al Arabi beat Al Gharafa 2-1 in the Qatar Stars Cup, and a bad day at the office for Al Gharafa was made worse by a moment of madness from Nene.
Nene, the former PSG attacker, was at the centre of action when he got into a scuffle with Moroccan international Houssine Kharja which saw both players fall to the floor. That was the catalyst for a melee between the sides, which ended up with Kharja getting a yellow card while Nene received a red.
The dismissal set Nene off.
Enraged at the referee’s decision plus a sly shoulder barge from Kharja under the ref’s nose, Nene reacted terribly by smacking Kharja around the head. That kicked off another bout of agro between the players, and Al Arabi eventually saw Abdulla Maarafiya and Husseine Kharja red carded also.
Footage of the full fracas can be seen below, as well as a slow-motion looping replay of Nene’s crazy assault.