Nene (Al Gharafa) flies off the handle and whacks Houssine Kharja (Al Arabi) round the head
- March 19, 2013
Roll! Ruck! Smack!
A mad incident occurred in Qatar on Tuesday night.
Al Arabi beat Al Gharafa 2-1 in the Qatar Stars Cup, and a bad day at the office for Al Gharafa was made worse by a moment of madness from Nene.
Nene, the former PSG attacker, was at the centre of action when he got into a scuffle with Moroccan international Houssine Kharja which saw both players fall to the floor. That was the catalyst for a melee between the sides, which ended up with Kharja getting a yellow card while Nene received a red.
The dismissal set Nene off.
Enraged at the referee’s decision plus a sly shoulder barge from Kharja under the ref’s nose, Nene reacted terribly by smacking Kharja around the head. That kicked off another bout of agro between the players, and Al Arabi eventually saw Abdulla Maarafiya and Husseine Kharja red carded also.
Footage of the full fracas can be seen below, as well as a slow-motion looping replay of Nene’s crazy assault.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi