- AC Milan open negotiations with Atletico Madrid hoping to swap Fernando Torres for Alessio Cerci [Guardian]
- Funny! James Milner plays up to his boring reputation as Man City legend Chappy visits [Video]
- Clarke Carlisle is fighting for his life in hospital after being hit by a lorry
- Priceless! Kids are amazed when Iker Casillas competes against them for goalkeeping position! [Video]
- Juventus ultras talk about why they feel the need to get club tattoos [Copa 90 Video]
Nene (Al Gharafa) flies off the handle and whacks Houssine Kharja (Al Arabi) round the head
Roll! Ruck! Smack!
A mad incident occurred in Qatar on Tuesday night.
Al Arabi beat Al Gharafa 2-1 in the Qatar Stars Cup, and a bad day at the office for Al Gharafa was made worse by a moment of madness from Nene.
Nene, the former PSG attacker, was at the centre of action when he got into a scuffle with Moroccan international Houssine Kharja which saw both players fall to the floor. That was the catalyst for a melee between the sides, which ended up with Kharja getting a yellow card while Nene received a red.
The dismissal set Nene off.
Enraged at the referee’s decision plus a sly shoulder barge from Kharja under the ref’s nose, Nene reacted terribly by smacking Kharja around the head. That kicked off another bout of agro between the players, and Al Arabi eventually saw Abdulla Maarafiya and Husseine Kharja red carded also.
Footage of the full fracas can be seen below, as well as a slow-motion looping replay of Nene’s crazy assault.
- Updated: March 19, 2013