Nasty! Gringo Castro (Atlante) breaks his leg kicking Omar Flors (Jaguares)
- January 29, 2013
This is not for the squeamish.
Atlante pulled off a speculator 4-3 win over Jaguares last weekend in Mexico as the hosts pulled out two injury time goals to steal the three points.
Atlante’s victory wasn’t all a bed of roses though, and their fall-guy was second half substitute Jose ‘Gringo’ Castro.
After being introduced early in the second half, Castro’s first impact on the match was to make the commentators laugh out loud as he fell on his backside when he tried to execute a cross. Much worst however was to follow.
With six minutes remaining the Atlante winger saw his match and his season come to an abrupt halt as he snapped his right leg by kicking Jaguares defender Omar Flors when trying to win a challenge in the box.
Gringo Castro’s nasty injury can be seen below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...