Nasty! Gringo Castro (Atlante) breaks his leg kicking Omar Flors (Jaguares)
- January 29, 2013
This is not for the squeamish.
Atlante pulled off a speculator 4-3 win over Jaguares last weekend in Mexico as the hosts pulled out two injury time goals to steal the three points.
Atlante’s victory wasn’t all a bed of roses though, and their fall-guy was second half substitute Jose ‘Gringo’ Castro.
After being introduced early in the second half, Castro’s first impact on the match was to make the commentators laugh out loud as he fell on his backside when he tried to execute a cross. Much worst however was to follow.
With six minutes remaining the Atlante winger saw his match and his season come to an abrupt halt as he snapped his right leg by kicking Jaguares defender Omar Flors when trying to win a challenge in the box.
Gringo Castro’s nasty injury can be seen below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi