- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
- Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Papiss Cisse’s elbow was unacceptable, he went to hurt Coleman’ [Video]
- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
Nasty! Gringo Castro (Atlante) breaks his leg kicking Omar Flors (Jaguares)
This is not for the squeamish.
Atlante pulled off a speculator 4-3 win over Jaguares last weekend in Mexico as the hosts pulled out two injury time goals to steal the three points.
Atlante’s victory wasn’t all a bed of roses though, and their fall-guy was second half substitute Jose ‘Gringo’ Castro.
After being introduced early in the second half, Castro’s first impact on the match was to make the commentators laugh out loud as he fell on his backside when he tried to execute a cross. Much worst however was to follow.
With six minutes remaining the Atlante winger saw his match and his season come to an abrupt halt as he snapped his right leg by kicking Jaguares defender Omar Flors when trying to win a challenge in the box.
Gringo Castro’s nasty injury can be seen below.
- Updated: January 29, 2013