Nasty! Gringo Castro (Atlante) breaks his leg kicking Omar Flors (Jaguares)
- January 29, 2013
This is not for the squeamish.
Atlante pulled off a speculator 4-3 win over Jaguares last weekend in Mexico as the hosts pulled out two injury time goals to steal the three points.
Atlante’s victory wasn’t all a bed of roses though, and their fall-guy was second half substitute Jose ‘Gringo’ Castro.
After being introduced early in the second half, Castro’s first impact on the match was to make the commentators laugh out loud as he fell on his backside when he tried to execute a cross. Much worst however was to follow.
With six minutes remaining the Atlante winger saw his match and his season come to an abrupt halt as he snapped his right leg by kicking Jaguares defender Omar Flors when trying to win a challenge in the box.
Gringo Castro’s nasty injury can be seen below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...