Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain has already said yes to a move to Barcelona [Marca]
- June 16, 2014
Marca, the daily Spanish paper, have a roaring headline on their front page on Monday.
According to their sources, they claim that Napoli and Argentinean striker Gonzalo Higuain has already said yes to a move to Barcelona.
The splash of the paper claims that former Real Madrid forward Higuain has already given his consent to swapping Napoli for the Camp Nou, however the deal isn’t yet done as the clubs are yet to agree a fee for the transfer.
On their website, Marca toot their own transfer horn adding “Gonzalo Higuaín is about to become a new player of Barca.”
Higuain, 26, would be the first major signing for new Barcelona coach Luis Enrique and would be a statement of intent after a poor season, by their standards in 2013/2014.
This all comes with the caveat that Napoli chairman Aurelio de Laurentiis is a tough negotiator and will likely demand a lot more than 40 million euros for a top striker.
It’s important to also point out that almost immediately after this rumour surfaced on Sunday night, it was denied by Napoli on their official Twitter account – see Tweet below.
— Oficial SSC Napoli (@sscnapoliES) June 15, 2014
- Anthony Martial’s move to Man United to be 5th biggest transfer fee of all time [...
- Done Deal: West Ham re-sign Barcelona’s Alex Song on a season long loan [Tweet]
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...