Napoli may challenge Arsenal in the race to land AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli [Tuttosport]
- June 22, 2014
The front page of Italian daily Tuttosport today introduce a new rival for Arsenal in the race to land AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli.
According to the rumour mill, Rafa Benitez’s Napoli are lining up a move for Super Mario in the event that Gonzalo Higuain leaves San Paolo this summer.
Should the Argentine forward leave Naples to join Barcelona, for example, Tuttosport claim that the Serie A side would launch a 30 million euro assault on trying to bag Azzurri forward Balotelli.
Tuttosport also note that Balotelli’s daughter with ex-girlfriend Raffaella Fico lives in Napoli with her mother.
Taking a step back, the Tuttosport article contains a long list of ifs, buts and maybes which makes that Balotelli-to-Napoli story seem unlikely to happen.
Specifically, the whole story hinges of Napoli selling before they can buy, and after recent reports on Liverpool goalie Pepe Reina’s departure from Napoli flagged up the lack of funds at the club, eyebrows have to be raised over the notion that Balotelli, who earns 4 million euro a season at the San Siro, can be cost effective for the Partenopei.
With regards to Arsenal’s links to Balotelli, that deal could be a lot more attractive to Milan particularly as whispers suggest that Joel Campbell could move to the Rossoneri as part of the packaged deal.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...