- Jose Mourinho: Bojan Krkic is the only player who almost killed me with a heart attack [Video]
- Barriga (Santiago Wanderers) should hang his head in shame after this horror own goal [Video]
- Lithuanian futsal player Ervins Krainis scores fantastic overhead kick [Video]
- Arsenal players get followed around by Christmas carolers singing football chants in brilliant BT advert
- Louis van Gaal: Sir Alex Ferguson said winning was enough but it’s not, performances matter [Video]
Napoli join Arsenal in the race for Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain [Tuttosport]
With Arsenal’s interest reportedly veering from Gonzalo Higuain to Luis Suarez, it appears Arsene Wenger could be outmanoeuvred for the Argentine striker by Napoli.
Italian paper Tuttosport reveal today that Napoli are interested in signing Higuain to replace PSG-bound Edinson Cavani.
Reports suggest Cavani will sign on in Paris today, leaving Napoli eager to bring in a replacement. Brazilian Leandro Damiao was thought to be first choice for Rafa Benitez, but Higuain is a more than decent alternative.
Napoli are expected to offer around 30 million euros for Higuain who is reportedly keen for a new challenge away from the Bernabeu.
Arsenal had reportedly agreed personal terms with Higuain but have yet to offer anything near the fee Real Madrid are looking for.
Higuain is due to meet with Carlo Ancelotti today, on the first day of Real Madrid pre-season training to discuss his future at the club.
Napoli are considering a double swoop on Real Madrid as they are also keen on Los Blancos defender Raul Albiol and may make a move for both players in the coming days.
Previously, Juventus were thought to be the only other suitors for Higuain, besides Arsenal, but their signing of Carlos Tevez has ruled the Old Lady out the race.
In a transfer move that is close to becoming a saga, this may well be just another hint from Real Madrid to Arsenal to ensure they get a higher fee for Higuain.
- Updated: July 15, 2013