Napoli join Arsenal in the race for Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain [Tuttosport]
- July 15, 2013
With Arsenal’s interest reportedly veering from Gonzalo Higuain to Luis Suarez, it appears Arsene Wenger could be outmanoeuvred for the Argentine striker by Napoli.
Italian paper Tuttosport reveal today that Napoli are interested in signing Higuain to replace PSG-bound Edinson Cavani.
Reports suggest Cavani will sign on in Paris today, leaving Napoli eager to bring in a replacement. Brazilian Leandro Damiao was thought to be first choice for Rafa Benitez, but Higuain is a more than decent alternative.
Napoli are expected to offer around 30 million euros for Higuain who is reportedly keen for a new challenge away from the Bernabeu.
Arsenal had reportedly agreed personal terms with Higuain but have yet to offer anything near the fee Real Madrid are looking for.
Higuain is due to meet with Carlo Ancelotti today, on the first day of Real Madrid pre-season training to discuss his future at the club.
Napoli are considering a double swoop on Real Madrid as they are also keen on Los Blancos defender Raul Albiol and may make a move for both players in the coming days.
Previously, Juventus were thought to be the only other suitors for Higuain, besides Arsenal, but their signing of Carlos Tevez has ruled the Old Lady out the race.
In a transfer move that is close to becoming a saga, this may well be just another hint from Real Madrid to Arsenal to ensure they get a higher fee for Higuain.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...