Moyes, Mourinho, Redknapp et al hit back at Bernstein over criticism that they’re setting bad example [Video]
Premier League managers (and Harry Redknapp) are having their right of reply to former FA chairman David Bernstein, who said at a recent LMA gathering that managers are setting a ‘terrible example’ towards their players by their behavior on the sidelines, and particularly in their post-match criticisms of referees.
The league’s managers were asked for their thoughts on Bernstein’s comments at their relevant pressers today, and were pretty unanimous in telling Bernstein to mind his own business, in a round about way.
The most stinging comment came from Everton manager Roberto Martinez, who said that it’s ‘a bit cheap’ to criticize maangers if you’ve never even been one, and that people like Bernstein have no idea of the pressure they’re under.
Watch Live Stream
- Jose Mourinho’s record after 14 Manchester United games is worse than David Moyes’October 24, 2016
- Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs: Marouane Fellaini was a ‘panic buy’October 22, 2016
- Nemanja Vidic talks about the time David Moyes made him watch videos of Phil Jagielka defendingSeptember 17, 2016
- David Moyes confirms Adnan Januzaj’s Sunderland loan, promises plenty of game time (Video)August 12, 2016
- Man United have finally released their official squad photo – and there are notable omissions [Pictures]October 27, 2016
- Why Jose Mourinho & Pep Guardiola seemed so happy pre Man United v Man CityOctober 27, 2016
- The Mourinho-Conte WhatsApp chat after Man United loss at Chelsea [spoof]October 27, 2016
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan has been humiliated by Jose Mourinho [M.E.N]October 27, 2016