Moyes, Mourinho, Redknapp et al hit back at Bernstein over criticism that they’re setting bad example [Video]
Premier League managers (and Harry Redknapp) are having their right of reply to former FA chairman David Bernstein, who said at a recent LMA gathering that managers are setting a ‘terrible example’ towards their players by their behavior on the sidelines, and particularly in their post-match criticisms of referees.
The league’s managers were asked for their thoughts on Bernstein’s comments at their relevant pressers today, and were pretty unanimous in telling Bernstein to mind his own business, in a round about way.
The most stinging comment came from Everton manager Roberto Martinez, who said that it’s ‘a bit cheap’ to criticize maangers if you’ve never even been one, and that people like Bernstein have no idea of the pressure they’re under.
Watch Live Stream
- Sunderland boss David Moyes plans to park the ‘double decker bus at Liverpool (Video)November 26, 2016
- Sunderland boss David Moyes mocked after sharing his tactics pre Liverpool gameNovember 25, 2016
- David Moyes thinks Mourinho’s struggles put his Man United reign in contextNovember 5, 2016
- Things go from bad to worse for Sunderland and David MoyesNovember 1, 2016
- Man United boss Jose Mourinho set to be the focus of a tax fraud investigationDecember 3, 2016
- Mourinho insists he had Herculean workload to recalibrate Man United from Van Gaal era (Video)December 3, 2016
- The Defeated One? Jose Mourinho admits he may never win PL title at Manchester UnitedDecember 3, 2016
- Football Leaks drop biggest ever data dump: Ronaldo, Ozil, Mourinho & Mendes accused of dirty money dealsDecember 3, 2016