Moyes, Mourinho, Redknapp et al hit back at Bernstein over criticism that they’re setting bad example [Video]
- January 3, 2014
Premier League managers (and Harry Redknapp) are having their right of reply to former FA chairman David Bernstein, who said at a recent LMA gathering that managers are setting a ‘terrible example’ towards their players by their behavior on the sidelines, and particularly in their post-match criticisms of referees.
The league’s managers were asked for their thoughts on Bernstein’s comments at their relevant pressers today, and were pretty unanimous in telling Bernstein to mind his own business, in a round about way.
The most stinging comment came from Everton manager Roberto Martinez, who said that it’s ‘a bit cheap’ to criticize maangers if you’ve never even been one, and that people like Bernstein have no idea of the pressure they’re under.
- Ex Man United boss David Moyes believes Pedro will need time to become a star at Chelse...
- David Moyes thinks Phil Neville has what it takes to become England manager
- Say it ain’t so: Marouane Fellaini shed tears over David Moyes’ Manchester ...
- LVG’s Man United mocked after 3-0 thrashing by Everton [Best Tweets & Memes]
- One year on from Man United sacking, David Moyes is loving life at Real Sociedad [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s record v top 6 at Man United compared to David Moyes v top 6 in ...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...