Moyes, Mourinho, Redknapp et al hit back at Bernstein over criticism that they’re setting bad example [Video]
- January 3, 2014
Premier League managers (and Harry Redknapp) are having their right of reply to former FA chairman David Bernstein, who said at a recent LMA gathering that managers are setting a ‘terrible example’ towards their players by their behavior on the sidelines, and particularly in their post-match criticisms of referees.
The league’s managers were asked for their thoughts on Bernstein’s comments at their relevant pressers today, and were pretty unanimous in telling Bernstein to mind his own business, in a round about way.
The most stinging comment came from Everton manager Roberto Martinez, who said that it’s ‘a bit cheap’ to criticize maangers if you’ve never even been one, and that people like Bernstein have no idea of the pressure they’re under.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...