Mourinho defended Chelsea’s Oscar from diving charges while saying the ref was right to book the Brazilian
- January 1, 2014
After raising such a big stink over Luis Suarez’s perceived diving for Liverpool at Chelsea in the previous match, everyone was wondering what Jose Mourinho was say regarding Oscar’s dirty dive away at Southampton on New Year’s Day.
Oscar took a ridiculous dive against Southampton when the #11 flopped in the box after having appeared to get around Kelvin Davis.
After the game Jose Mourinho offered his best lawyering skills to protect his player while at the same time supporting referee Atkinson’s decision to book the Brazilian.
The yellow card was very much deserved. I am happy with the decision but I think that Oscar is a clean boy. He’s waiting for the contact from the goalkeeper, and [if it arrives] it is a penalty, a red card, and [maybe] a goal. The game is then in our pocket.
It was a good decision from referee Martin Atkinson, it should happen more in this country. That type of thing happens every week and yellows should be given. Not in Oscar’s case though, he is normally a very fair boy.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...