More reports emerge suggesting Neymar has already signed for Barcelona
- December 26, 2012
Despite claims that Manchester City were hoping to sign Neymar, a report in Spanish newspaper AS yesterday seems to suggest the Santos wonderkid is heading to Barcelona.
Guillem Balague in AS says Barcelona have set aside 60 million euros to secure the deal for Neymar with an agreement already in place with Santos and the Brazil forward.
Barcelona are now eager for the transfer to take place in July 2013, a year earlier than planned whilst the Catalan giants have already paid Neymar a 10 million euro advance on the move.
Santos are expected to receive 50 million euros for Neymar and despite the best efforts of Real Madrid it appears the deal is done.
Balague suggests that former Brazilian striker Ronaldo, who was part of the Galacticos Real Madrid side, tried to lure Neymar to the Bernabeu, but was informed that the deal was done.
The AS report (which strangely does not appear online) corroborates a claim made by El Mundo Deportivo two months ago.
Neymar’s mouth watering arrival at the Nou Camp will likely see David Villa depart with Premier League clubs Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal all vying for the Spanish striker.
Barcelona fans can whet their appetite for Neymar with the rather excellent compilation below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi