More off-field problems for Arsenal? Bild deny claim Lukas Podolski has split from his wife Monika
The day after Arsenal saw their fleeting title hopes all but vanish after a 2-2 home draw with Swansea, supporters are told that Lukas Podolski is the latest first team player to off the field issues.
Bild, the leading German tabloid, are reporting that the brand new edition of BUNTE magazine claims the Arsenal forward has split from his wife.
Bild, however, who have a strong relationship with Podolski, the German striker often gives interviews to the tabloid, deny the Arsenal forward has split with his wife.
They report that Podolski has not been back to Cologne to see his family since Christmas, the couple’s son goes to school in Cologne, and wife Monika is still wearing her ring.
Bild have no idea why the pair have reportedly split.
Arsenal fans will be hoping the Bild report is false, having seen the impact tabloid stories have had on striker Olivier Giroud in recent months.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal’s Calum Chambers trolls Jack Wilshere on Instagram ahead of Middlesbrough v BournemouthOctober 28, 2016
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas celebrates his glorious career & his days at Arsenal [Instagram]October 28, 2016
- Arsene Wenger gives injury updates, worrying Theo Walcott newsOctober 28, 2016
- Hector Bellerin admits he’s not as good as CatinhoOctober 28, 2016
- Lukas Podolski reveals where Bastian Schweinsteiger is headed after Man United [Bild]September 25, 2016
- Ex-Arsenal man Lukas Podolski retires from German National Team, teammates pay tribute [Tweets]August 15, 2016
- Podolski pays tribute to Schweinsteiger upon Germany retirement with reference to that SelfieJuly 29, 2016
- Lukas Podolski’s brilliant reply to a question on Jogi Low scratching & sniffing his balls (Video)June 14, 2016