More off-field problems for Arsenal? Bild deny claim Lukas Podolski has split from his wife Monika
- March 26, 2014
The day after Arsenal saw their fleeting title hopes all but vanish after a 2-2 home draw with Swansea, supporters are told that Lukas Podolski is the latest first team player to off the field issues.
Bild, the leading German tabloid, are reporting that the brand new edition of BUNTE magazine claims the Arsenal forward has split from his wife.
Bild, however, who have a strong relationship with Podolski, the German striker often gives interviews to the tabloid, deny the Arsenal forward has split with his wife.
They report that Podolski has not been back to Cologne to see his family since Christmas, the couple’s son goes to school in Cologne, and wife Monika is still wearing her ring.
Bild have no idea why the pair have reportedly split.
Arsenal fans will be hoping the Bild report is false, having seen the impact tabloid stories have had on striker Olivier Giroud in recent months.
- Arsene Wenger wonders if he talks too much (Video)
- Miami Heat star Luol Deng hopes Arsenal sign Karim Benzema (Video)
- Gary Neville says Arsenal don’t have enough strength, power or pace to win title ...
- Arsenal magician Santi Cazorla packs his Ultimate XI with Spain stars (Video)
- Arsene Wenger confident of making last minute deals (Video)
- Arsene Wenger calls for video technology to solve tight offside calls (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...