Moneybags PSG weigh up £40m move for Chelsea playmaker Oscar [Sunday Telegraph]
- March 8, 2014
Having come on at half-time of Chelsea’s 4-0 win over Spurs and arguably changed the tide of the game, it seems very unlikely that Jose Mourinho would part with Oscar.
As a full Brazil international, one of the most important players for Phil Scolari, at just 22, Oscar would likely also fetch a very high price in the transfer market – at least 40 million pounds.
But, perhaps his agent is getting itchy feet after a lack of playing time in recent weeks, with Mourinho suggesting Oscar lacks the physicality for the Premier League.
As the Sunday Telegraph reports that moneybags PSG are weighing up a move for Oscar.
Jason Burt claims Barcelona and Monaco are also interested in Oscar but points out that the Brazilian has three years left on his contract at Stamford Bridge and the Ligue 1 leaders would have to significantly change their playing staff to accommodate him.
Having sold Juan Mata and with a strike force in need of strengthening this summer, it would be a major surprise were Chelsea to sell Oscar – but there must be a reason this is on the front page of a major Sunday sports supplement.
- Hector Bellerin admits finally beating Chelsea is a weight off Arsenal’s shoulder...
- Rubbing it in on Chelsea: Arsenal fans already have a Petr Cech chant (Video)
- Arsenal beat Chelsea 1-0 to win Community Shield (Official Highlights)
- Chelsea target Youri Tielemans scored for the 2nd week running for Anderlecht (Video)
- Here’s the lucky lad who got Jose Mourinho’s medal after Arsenal beat Chels...
- Francis Coquelin celebrated The Ox’s goal v Chelsea with manic relish (Vine)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi