Moneybags PSG weigh up £40m move for Chelsea playmaker Oscar [Sunday Telegraph]
- March 8, 2014
Having come on at half-time of Chelsea’s 4-0 win over Spurs and arguably changed the tide of the game, it seems very unlikely that Jose Mourinho would part with Oscar.
As a full Brazil international, one of the most important players for Phil Scolari, at just 22, Oscar would likely also fetch a very high price in the transfer market – at least 40 million pounds.
But, perhaps his agent is getting itchy feet after a lack of playing time in recent weeks, with Mourinho suggesting Oscar lacks the physicality for the Premier League.
As the Sunday Telegraph reports that moneybags PSG are weighing up a move for Oscar.
Jason Burt claims Barcelona and Monaco are also interested in Oscar but points out that the Brazilian has three years left on his contract at Stamford Bridge and the Ligue 1 leaders would have to significantly change their playing staff to accommodate him.
Having sold Juan Mata and with a strike force in need of strengthening this summer, it would be a major surprise were Chelsea to sell Oscar – but there must be a reason this is on the front page of a major Sunday sports supplement.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...