Moneybags PSG weigh up £40m move for Chelsea playmaker Oscar [Sunday Telegraph]
- March 8, 2014
Having come on at half-time of Chelsea’s 4-0 win over Spurs and arguably changed the tide of the game, it seems very unlikely that Jose Mourinho would part with Oscar.
As a full Brazil international, one of the most important players for Phil Scolari, at just 22, Oscar would likely also fetch a very high price in the transfer market – at least 40 million pounds.
But, perhaps his agent is getting itchy feet after a lack of playing time in recent weeks, with Mourinho suggesting Oscar lacks the physicality for the Premier League.
As the Sunday Telegraph reports that moneybags PSG are weighing up a move for Oscar.
Jason Burt claims Barcelona and Monaco are also interested in Oscar but points out that the Brazilian has three years left on his contract at Stamford Bridge and the Ligue 1 leaders would have to significantly change their playing staff to accommodate him.
Having sold Juan Mata and with a strike force in need of strengthening this summer, it would be a major surprise were Chelsea to sell Oscar – but there must be a reason this is on the front page of a major Sunday sports supplement.
- Papy Djilobodji is currently undergoing a medical at Chelsea ahead of €3.5m move [20 Mi...
- Chelsea fans react to news of talks with Nantes for defender Papy Djilobodji [Di Marzio]
- Chelsea & Everton fans react to the claim John Stones ‘didn’t meanR...
- Man United fan snapped wearing a Pedro shirt after the Spaniard joined Chelsea (Picture)
- PSG reject bid from Chelsea for Marquinhos [Mail]
- Chelsea loanee Lewis Baker scores & misses penalty for Vitesse (video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...