Monaco striker Radamel Falcao was not happy to be subbed against Nantes, Ranieri doesn’t care
- November 25, 2013
Monaco picked up a much needed three points on Sunday in Ligue 1, as the megabucks side from the Principality arrested a run of three games without a win.
Monaco won the match courtesy of Mounir Obbadi’s deflected striker with 20 minutes to go, but ten minutes before that, with the match still goalless, former Chelsea boss Claudio Ranieri took off his big money striker Radamel Falcao for Anthony Martial.
Falcao’s reaction to seeing his number go up was priceless, as the Colombian stopped, starred, squinted some more, pulled a face, and finally trudged off.
Ranieri later told the press:
I did not want to take any risks with Falcao because before the game his thigh was painful but I still decided to start him.
It is normal that he is will be disappointed about being substituted but, as I said, I preferred not to take any risk with him.
I do what’s best for Monaco, not what’s best for Mr Falcao. I don’t care how much he cost.
Watch Radamel Falcao’s funny reaction to being subbed below.
- Manchester United announce signing of Anthony Martial on four-year deal
- Spurs could have bought Anthony Martial for €25m this summer, Man United now spending €...
- Man United fans react to confirmation of Anthony Martial’s imminent arrival [Best...
- Man United agree terms with Anthony Martial, now they need to agree terms with Monaco [...
- Manchester United make €50m offer for Monaco’s Anthony Martial [RMC]
- Chelsea close to signing Monaco’s Aymen Abdennour after giving up John Stones chase
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...