- Andy Tate post Chelsea defeat: Man United will win the PL next season [video]
- Wayne Rooney: Chelsea know how to get referee on their side [video]
- Huge Odds! Back Man City to beat West Ham at 3/1 + money back if you lose!!!
- Jose Mourinho annoyed with John Terry after Chelsea 1 – Man United 0 [video]
- Alexis Sanchez & Mesut Ozil celebrate Arsenal 2 – Reading 1 on Instagram
Monaco striker Radamel Falcao was not happy to be subbed against Nantes, Ranieri doesn’t care
- November 25, 2013
Monaco picked up a much needed three points on Sunday in Ligue 1, as the megabucks side from the Principality arrested a run of three games without a win.
Monaco won the match courtesy of Mounir Obbadi’s deflected striker with 20 minutes to go, but ten minutes before that, with the match still goalless, former Chelsea boss Claudio Ranieri took off his big money striker Radamel Falcao for Anthony Martial.
Falcao’s reaction to seeing his number go up was priceless, as the Colombian stopped, starred, squinted some more, pulled a face, and finally trudged off.
Ranieri later told the press:
I did not want to take any risks with Falcao because before the game his thigh was painful but I still decided to start him.
It is normal that he is will be disappointed about being substituted but, as I said, I preferred not to take any risk with him.
I do what’s best for Monaco, not what’s best for Mr Falcao. I don’t care how much he cost.
Watch Radamel Falcao’s funny reaction to being subbed below.