Monaco striker Radamel Falcao was not happy to be subbed against Nantes, Ranieri doesn’t care
Monaco picked up a much needed three points on Sunday in Ligue 1, as the megabucks side from the Principality arrested a run of three games without a win.
Monaco won the match courtesy of Mounir Obbadi’s deflected striker with 20 minutes to go, but ten minutes before that, with the match still goalless, former Chelsea boss Claudio Ranieri took off his big money striker Radamel Falcao for Anthony Martial.
Falcao’s reaction to seeing his number go up was priceless, as the Colombian stopped, starred, squinted some more, pulled a face, and finally trudged off.
Ranieri later told the press:
I did not want to take any risks with Falcao because before the game his thigh was painful but I still decided to start him.
It is normal that he is will be disappointed about being substituted but, as I said, I preferred not to take any risk with him.
I do what’s best for Monaco, not what’s best for Mr Falcao. I don’t care how much he cost.
Watch Radamel Falcao’s funny reaction to being subbed below.
Watch Live Stream
- Monaco’s Djibril Sidibe reveals why he rejected a move to Arsenal [Le Parisien]October 10, 2016
- Leonardo Jardim: Arsenal insight helped in Spurs win [L’Equipe]September 15, 2016
- Tottenham v Monaco: UEFA Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 13, 2016
- Man United target Fabinho scores a thunderba***** in 4-1 Monaco win (Video)September 12, 2016
- Man United & Chelsea flop Radamel Falcao scored yet again for Monaco today (Video)July 19, 2016
- Man United & Chelsea flop Radamel Falcao continues his excellent pre-season (Official Videos)July 14, 2016
- Man United & Chelsea flop Radamel Falcao scores on his return in a friendly (Official Video)July 2, 2016
- Chelsea confirm three departures, including Alexandre PatoJuly 1, 2016