Monaco striker Radamel Falcao was not happy to be subbed against Nantes, Ranieri doesn’t care
- November 25, 2013
Monaco picked up a much needed three points on Sunday in Ligue 1, as the megabucks side from the Principality arrested a run of three games without a win.
Monaco won the match courtesy of Mounir Obbadi’s deflected striker with 20 minutes to go, but ten minutes before that, with the match still goalless, former Chelsea boss Claudio Ranieri took off his big money striker Radamel Falcao for Anthony Martial.
Falcao’s reaction to seeing his number go up was priceless, as the Colombian stopped, starred, squinted some more, pulled a face, and finally trudged off.
Ranieri later told the press:
I did not want to take any risks with Falcao because before the game his thigh was painful but I still decided to start him.
It is normal that he is will be disappointed about being substituted but, as I said, I preferred not to take any risk with him.
I do what’s best for Monaco, not what’s best for Mr Falcao. I don’t care how much he cost.
Watch Radamel Falcao’s funny reaction to being subbed below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]