Monaco preparing €30m offer for Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany [L’Equipe]
- May 23, 2013
French newspaper L’Equipe claim today that wealthy French side Monaco, just promoted from Ligue 2, are planning a move for Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany.
Monaco have already been heavily linked with Radamel Falcao and in recent hours it has been reported that they are closing in on a double deal for Porto pair Joao Moutinho and James Rodriguez for a mammoth 70 million euro fee.
L’Equipe suggest that Victor Valdes, Lisandro Lopez and Vincent Kompany are the players Monaco are also looking at as they look to splash Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev’s cash.
Kompany has often been linked with Barcelona but the Manchester City defender has always stated his desire to stay at the Etihad Stadium.
The 27-year-old Belgian endured an injury hit campaign but still played 26 matches for Manchester City, scoring 1 goal in 2012/2013.
It would be a surprise were Kompany to leave Manchester City especially as likely incoming boss Manuel Pellegrini will be eager to build a defence around the imposing centre back.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...