- Ander Herrera celebrates Falcao goal & posts injury update on Instagram
- Paul Lambert says Aston Villa were “fantastic” v Man United, says 10-men could have won it [Video]
- Paul Pogba scores a behind-the-goal goal during Juventus training in Doha!
- Arsene Wenger & the Arsenal squad read “A Visit from St. Nicholas”
- Best Photoshops! Spurs fans are getting VERY excited about Harry Kane!
Monaco agree to negotiate with Real Madrid for the sale of Radamel Falcao [AS]
Forget Luis Suarez. Are Real Madrid going to land Radamel Falcao this summer?
For several weeks now rumours have been building that Monaco could sell their Colombian hitman to Madrid for a fee of around €60m.
According to the narrative, Monaco ready to Falcao as, somewhat incredibly, new coach Leonardo Jardim believes that the Colombian superstar doesn’t fit into his favoured 4-3-3 system.
Last week, BeIN Sports France have reported that Falcao reached an agreement to join Real Madrid this summer, and that the move will be formally announced once the World Cup finishes.
Now the transfer rumour has received a fresh update in Spanish daily AS, who splash their front cover on Sunday announcing that Monaco have now agreed to negotiate with Real Madrid over the sale of Falcao. Apparently Monaco’s Russian billionaire owner Dmitry Rybolovlev is open to selling Falcao at the right price.
So will the deal happen?
It’s looking more legit by the day.
Falcao scored 11 goals in 19 games for Monaco before seeing his season and World Cup dreams wiped out by a horror injury in January.
- Updated: June 29, 2014