Monaco agree to negotiate with Real Madrid for the sale of Radamel Falcao [AS]
Forget Luis Suarez. Are Real Madrid going to land Radamel Falcao this summer?
For several weeks now rumours have been building that Monaco could sell their Colombian hitman to Madrid for a fee of around €60m.
According to the narrative, Monaco ready to Falcao as, somewhat incredibly, new coach Leonardo Jardim believes that the Colombian superstar doesn’t fit into his favoured 4-3-3 system.
Last week, BeIN Sports France have reported that Falcao reached an agreement to join Real Madrid this summer, and that the move will be formally announced once the World Cup finishes.
Now the transfer rumour has received a fresh update in Spanish daily AS, who splash their front cover on Sunday announcing that Monaco have now agreed to negotiate with Real Madrid over the sale of Falcao. Apparently Monaco’s Russian billionaire owner Dmitry Rybolovlev is open to selling Falcao at the right price.
So will the deal happen?
It’s looking more legit by the day.
Falcao scored 11 goals in 19 games for Monaco before seeing his season and World Cup dreams wiped out by a horror injury in January.
- Chelsea striker Radamel Falcao confident that he & Jose Mourinho will turn things ...
- Football Leaks reveal real price Monaco paid Atletico Madrid for Radamel Falcao
- Individual highlights: Radamel Falcao’s poor display for Chelsea v Walsall (Video)
- Falcao took a hilariously bad free-kick v Walsall, even Chelsea’s Twitter account...
- David De Gea refused to deny his Man United contract has £30 million release clause (Qu...
- Cristiano Ronaldo picks up fourth Golden Shoe, sets sights on ‘fifth and sixth...
- Chelsea set to make January move for Real Madrid starlet Isco [Marca]
- Gareth Bale’s agent oddly confirms he and Cristiano Ronaldo don’t ‘ha...