Monaco agree to negotiate with Real Madrid for the sale of Radamel Falcao [AS]
- June 29, 2014
Forget Luis Suarez. Are Real Madrid going to land Radamel Falcao this summer?
For several weeks now rumours have been building that Monaco could sell their Colombian hitman to Madrid for a fee of around €60m.
According to the narrative, Monaco ready to Falcao as, somewhat incredibly, new coach Leonardo Jardim believes that the Colombian superstar doesn’t fit into his favoured 4-3-3 system.
Last week, BeIN Sports France have reported that Falcao reached an agreement to join Real Madrid this summer, and that the move will be formally announced once the World Cup finishes.
Now the transfer rumour has received a fresh update in Spanish daily AS, who splash their front cover on Sunday announcing that Monaco have now agreed to negotiate with Real Madrid over the sale of Falcao. Apparently Monaco’s Russian billionaire owner Dmitry Rybolovlev is open to selling Falcao at the right price.
So will the deal happen?
It’s looking more legit by the day.
Falcao scored 11 goals in 19 games for Monaco before seeing his season and World Cup dreams wiped out by a horror injury in January.
- Manchester City close in on the signing of Monaco defender Fabinho [L’Equipe]
- Liverpool & Man United are keen on central defender Aymen Abdennour [L’Equipe]
- Chelsea will loan 3 young players to Monaco in order to avoid paying loan fee for Falca...
- After Arsenal reportedly bid for William Carvalho, the midfielder is now a €20m target ...
- Ex Man United man Radamel Falcao virtually confirms his move to Chelsea: “You wil...
- Liverpool & Arsenal target Aymen Abdennour open to new challenge [L’Equipe]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi