Molde’s Solskjaer says Mats Dæhli is good enough for Man United first team after he starred against Lillestrom
A thrilling match took place in the Norwegian cup semi-final on Thursday night.
Molde travelled to Lillestrom, where the visitors twice came back from being a goal down before winning a dramatic penalty shoot-out 4-5.
After the match, former Manchester United striker, and current Molde manager Ole Gunner Solskjaer, was full of praise for another ex-Red Devils player, Mats Møller Dæhli.
Solskjaer lavished praise on his 18-year-old midfielder saying:
Mats was simply outstanding. The way he just keeps the ball on the ground, calms down and controls the flow of the game for the team.I am delighted! A few minutes into the game, I knew I made the right choise starting him.
He came to Molde for first team football, but he could’ve been at United now, playing for the first team. He’s in par with Adnan Januzaj. They grew up together in the U18-team, and Mats was player of the year.
Watch highlights of Molde’s win at Lillestrom (Mats Møller Dæhli wering the number 7 for Molde, in blue).
Watch Live Stream
- Man United’s Henrikh Mkhitaryan offers blunt assessment of the Ukrainian League (Video)December 8, 2016
- Manchester United’s Phil Jones shows Zlatan how frozen the Zorya Luhansk pitch is (Video)December 8, 2016
- Manchester United’s EL game at Zorya Luhansk under threat over icy conditionsDecember 7, 2016
- Mourinho-loving granny gets giant tattoo of the Special OneDecember 7, 2016
- Leicester have lined up a Norway international to replace Riyad Mahrez [ESPN]March 8, 2016
- Man United legend Ole Gunnar Solskjaer appointed Molde manager, again (Video)October 21, 2015
- Molde v Celtic: Online Live Streaming video [HD]October 14, 2015
- It’s been confirmed Man United sent scouts to watch Molde v Valerenga on Friday night in NorwayMarch 31, 2014