Mohamed Salah’s consultant tells Eurosport the Basel winger will sign for Chelsea, NOT Liverpool
- January 23, 2014
— Eurosport.com EN (@EurosportCom_EN) January 23, 2014
Have Chelsea done it again?!
One of the big summer transfers into the Premier League was Willian’s arrival from Anzhi, as Chelsea pinched the Brazilian out of Tottenham’s hands when for so long it looked like the playmaker would be moving to White Hart Lane.
Now it appears history is repeating itself with Liverpool positioned as the new fall-guy, with Eurosport announcing that Mohamed Salah’s consultant has told them the FC Basel winger will sign for Chelsea, not the Reds.
(UPDATE: Curiously, since uploading this article Eurosport have deleted their original tweet.)
News that Chelsea were on the brink of gazumping Liverpool broke on Wednesday night through Sky Italia’s Gianluca Di Marzio. Chelsea’s tactics appear to be simple enough to follow; whilst Liverpool were only will to pay 8 million pounds for the player, Chelsea were offering more.
Rumours are now claiming Chelsea will fork out around 16 million pounds for the 21-year-old Egyptian.
Chelsea fans will be well aware who Salah is after the forward twice scored against the Blues in the Champions LEague earlier this season.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]