Mohamed Salah reveals how he joined Chelsea & used WhatsApp to speak to Jose Mourinho [Video]
- June 22, 2014
Mohamed Salah have revealed in an interview on Egyptian TV this weekend just how he came to join Chelsea from FC Basel last season.
The 22-year-old joined the Blues for £11m in January, and Salah has now gone on the record about the exact details of how the deal came to pass.
According to the winger, Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho messaged him and then called him to discuss the potential move, however Salah missed the Special One’s phone call, and because he had no credit on his mobile he was unable to call Jose back.
Instead, the Egyptian star logged onto WhatsApp in order to make contact with the Chelsea gaffer, and from there two manager and player hashed out the details of his contract at Stamford Brodge.
See the video of Mohamed Salah revealing how he joined Chelsea above (credit to @TalkofFutbol for providing a translation below).
- Hector Bellerin admits finally beating Chelsea is a weight off Arsenal’s shoulder...
- Rubbing it in on Chelsea: Arsenal fans already have a Petr Cech chant (Video)
- Arsenal beat Chelsea 1-0 to win Community Shield (Official Highlights)
- Chelsea target Youri Tielemans scored for the 2nd week running for Anderlecht (Video)
- Here’s the lucky lad who got Jose Mourinho’s medal after Arsenal beat Chels...
- Francis Coquelin celebrated The Ox’s goal v Chelsea with manic relish (Vine)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi