Mohamed Salah reveals how he joined Chelsea & used WhatsApp to speak to Jose Mourinho [Video]
- June 22, 2014
Mohamed Salah have revealed in an interview on Egyptian TV this weekend just how he came to join Chelsea from FC Basel last season.
The 22-year-old joined the Blues for £11m in January, and Salah has now gone on the record about the exact details of how the deal came to pass.
According to the winger, Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho messaged him and then called him to discuss the potential move, however Salah missed the Special One’s phone call, and because he had no credit on his mobile he was unable to call Jose back.
Instead, the Egyptian star logged onto WhatsApp in order to make contact with the Chelsea gaffer, and from there two manager and player hashed out the details of his contract at Stamford Brodge.
See the video of Mohamed Salah revealing how he joined Chelsea above (credit to @TalkofFutbol for providing a translation below).
- “Dream come true” – New signing Papy Djilobodji celebrates move to Ch...
- Chelsea sign Michael Hector from Reading on five-year deal, loan him back immediately
- Chelsea fail with two bids for PSG defender Marquinhos [Best Tweets]
- Papy Djilobodji comments after completing move to Chelsea [Official]
- Heathrow Airport trolls Arsenal & Chelsea [Tweet]
- Chelsea closing in on the signing of Reading centre back Michael Hector [Sky Sports]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...