- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
- Neymar feels like he’s in the best form of his Barcelona career [Video]
- Better than Beckham-Scholes! Víctor Curto Ortiz wondervolley (AS Eupen) v Racing Mechelen [Video]
- Chelsea man Didier Drogba hails his “inspiration” Thierry Henry after winning FWA award [Video]
Mohamed Salah reveals how he joined Chelsea & used WhatsApp to speak to Jose Mourinho [Video]
Mohamed Salah have revealed in an interview on Egyptian TV this weekend just how he came to join Chelsea from FC Basel last season.
The 22-year-old joined the Blues for £11m in January, and Salah has now gone on the record about the exact details of how the deal came to pass.
According to the winger, Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho messaged him and then called him to discuss the potential move, however Salah missed the Special One’s phone call, and because he had no credit on his mobile he was unable to call Jose back.
Instead, the Egyptian star logged onto WhatsApp in order to make contact with the Chelsea gaffer, and from there two manager and player hashed out the details of his contract at Stamford Brodge.
See the video of Mohamed Salah revealing how he joined Chelsea above (credit to @TalkofFutbol for providing a translation below).
- Updated: June 22, 2014