Mixed messages? Podolski walks into the Emirates like the Wolf of Wall Street, Wenger cries about not winning trophies
- May 4, 2014
Sky Sports recorded two contrasting emotions before Arsenal took on West Brom on Sunday.
One of the byproducts of Man City’s 3-2 win at Everton on Saturday was that the Gunners’ place in next season’s Champions League was guaranteed.
Whilst many Gunners fans are craving to see their club win their first piece of silverware in nine long years, undoubtedly their qualification for the Champions League, for a 17th straight season, is a remarkable accomplishment.
But is it good enough?
Lukas Podolski showed his happiness at Arsenal’s qualification to world football’s premier club competition when he walked into the Emirates before the Baggies match looking like the Wolf of Wall Street.
By contrast, Arsene Wenger told Sky Sports in a pre-recorded interview that he wants to cry every time Arsenal fail to win a trophy.
See the contrasting emotions before Arsenal v West Brom below.
- Arsenal beat Chelsea 1-0 to win Community Shield (Official Highlights)
- Watch Petr Cech’s individual highlights for Arsenal v Chelsea in the Community Sh...
- Here’s the lucky lad who got Jose Mourinho’s medal after Arsenal beat Chels...
- Arsenal’s Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain sets himself goals target this season (Video)
- Francis Coquelin celebrated The Ox’s goal v Chelsea with manic relish (Vine)
- Wenger plays dumb over Mourinho snub, talks about managers respecting each other…...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi