Mixed messages? Podolski walks into the Emirates like the Wolf of Wall Street, Wenger cries about not winning trophies
Sky Sports recorded two contrasting emotions before Arsenal took on West Brom on Sunday.
One of the byproducts of Man City’s 3-2 win at Everton on Saturday was that the Gunners’ place in next season’s Champions League was guaranteed.
Whilst many Gunners fans are craving to see their club win their first piece of silverware in nine long years, undoubtedly their qualification for the Champions League, for a 17th straight season, is a remarkable accomplishment.
But is it good enough?
Lukas Podolski showed his happiness at Arsenal’s qualification to world football’s premier club competition when he walked into the Emirates before the Baggies match looking like the Wolf of Wall Street.
By contrast, Arsene Wenger told Sky Sports in a pre-recorded interview that he wants to cry every time Arsenal fail to win a trophy.
See the contrasting emotions before Arsenal v West Brom below.
- Danny Welbeck took over Arsenal’s Snapchat & spoke to tons of players (Video)
- Rio Ferdinand calls Mesut Ozil an artist after Arsenal win over Dinamo Zagreb (Video)
- Chelsea old boy Didier Drogba picks Arsenal to win the league, praises Jamie Vardy (Sky Sports Au...
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- Francis Coquelin injury update, concern for Arsenal
- Arsene Wenger invites a journalist on a night out to see how he spends money, cue the jokes [Tweets]
- Arsene Wenger: UEFA tested 10 Arsenal players after doping comments, says they want to ‘con...
- Arsene Wenger labels Real Madrid ‘not serious’ if they sack Rafa Benitez (Video)
- Ex-Arsenal man Lukas Podolski misses open goal from a yard out for Galatasaray (Video)
- ‘I Like’ : Lukas Podoslski looks forward to Galatasaray’s trip to Kazakhstan wi...
- Ex-Arsenal man Lukas Podolski scored on his Galatasaray league debut (Video)
- Ex Arsenal man Lukas Podolski scored first Galatasaray goal & slapped an opponent (Videos)