Mixed messages as the Star say David Moyes won’t be axed from Man United, Mirror say board “losing faith”
- February 26, 2014
Do the papers have a clue what’s going on at Manchester United?
Rumours and speculation have lead to flat-out contradiction on the backpages of the Star and the Mirror on Thursday as the future of David Moyes at Old Trafford hangs up in the air.
While the Independent report that United’s Scottish manager has just 12 games to convince the Glazers he is their right man, two of Britain’s leading tabloids report different stories on Moyes’ future.
According to the Star, Manchester United “won’t” sack their manager come what may.
Jeremy Cross reports that Moyes’ is currently “safe” in the Old Trafford dugout, claiming “David Moyes will NOT be sacked as Manchester United boss – despite mounting speculation that he is set to leave Old Trafford.”
That bold claim, however, is challenge in the Star. Under the headline “United board losing faith with Moyes”, hack David McDonnell farts:
David Moyes is facing a fight to prove he is the man to lead Manchester United following the latest setback in their crisis hit season.
He has already lost the support of a significant core of United fans and there is a fear within the club that their turbulent season could yet go from bad to worse.
- David Moyes thinks Phil Neville has what it takes to become England manager
- Say it ain’t so: Marouane Fellaini shed tears over David Moyes’ Manchester ...
- LVG’s Man United mocked after 3-0 thrashing by Everton [Best Tweets & Memes]
- One year on from Man United sacking, David Moyes is loving life at Real Sociedad [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s record v top 6 at Man United compared to David Moyes v top 6 in ...
- Man United’s away record under Louis van Gaal is much worse than under David Moye...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi