Mirror & Mail rip into ‘£42m flop Mesut Ozil’ after Arsenal go out to Bayern, even though he only played 1 half
Mesut Ozil didn’t have a very good game against Bayern Munich last night, but as ever, he wasn’t the only Arsenal player.
But he’s become a lovely and convenient scapegoat for the English press to attack, and sure enough Ozil bears the brunt of the back pages’ ire following Arsenal’s Champions League exit at the hands of Bayern.
This despite only playing 45 minutes, and missing the 2nd half through no fault of his own, but through injury.
The 42 million pound price tag gives them the license to blame Ozil for all of Arsenal’s woes, apparently.
Watch Live Stream
- Lucas Perez passes Arsenal medical, deal to be done this weekend [Mirror]August 26, 2016
- Shkodran Mustafi will be a big upgrade on Per Mertesacker at Arsenal (Video)August 26, 2016
- Arsene Wenger insists he is a big spender….in real life (Video)August 26, 2016
- Arsenal’s Rob Holding doesn’t know what an Oyster Card is (Video)August 26, 2016
- The new Champions League ball features hand written messages from Mesut Ozil & Gareth BaleAugust 25, 2016
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil would return to Real Madrid in a heartbeat [SportBild]August 10, 2016
- Bad news on the renewals of Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil & Alexis Sanchez [Times]August 10, 2016
- Proof Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil & Man City’s Ilkay Gundogan don’t tweet for themselvesAugust 1, 2016