Mirror & Mail rip into ‘£42m flop Mesut Ozil’ after Arsenal go out to Bayern, even though he only played 1 half
- March 11, 2014
Mesut Ozil didn’t have a very good game against Bayern Munich last night, but as ever, he wasn’t the only Arsenal player.
But he’s become a lovely and convenient scapegoat for the English press to attack, and sure enough Ozil bears the brunt of the back pages’ ire following Arsenal’s Champions League exit at the hands of Bayern.
This despite only playing 45 minutes, and missing the 2nd half through no fault of his own, but through injury.
The 42 million pound price tag gives them the license to blame Ozil for all of Arsenal’s woes, apparently.
- Arsenal to beat Man City in the race to sign teenager Ismael Bennacer [L’Equipe]
- Former Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby signs for Marseille (BBC)
- An excellent comparison of Arsenal & Chelsea’s spending over the past 2 years
- Santi Cazorla and Francis Coquelin take part in Arsenal fan Q&A (Video)
- The best bits of Arsenal’s Emirates Cup displays in slow motion (video)
- Arsenal fans sing Happy Birthday to Mathieu Debuchy on Members Day (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi