Mirror & Mail rip into ‘£42m flop Mesut Ozil’ after Arsenal go out to Bayern, even though he only played 1 half
- March 11, 2014
Mesut Ozil didn’t have a very good game against Bayern Munich last night, but as ever, he wasn’t the only Arsenal player.
But he’s become a lovely and convenient scapegoat for the English press to attack, and sure enough Ozil bears the brunt of the back pages’ ire following Arsenal’s Champions League exit at the hands of Bayern.
This despite only playing 45 minutes, and missing the 2nd half through no fault of his own, but through injury.
The 42 million pound price tag gives them the license to blame Ozil for all of Arsenal’s woes, apparently.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...