Mirror & Mail rip into ‘£42m flop Mesut Ozil’ after Arsenal go out to Bayern, even though he only played 1 half
Mesut Ozil didn’t have a very good game against Bayern Munich last night, but as ever, he wasn’t the only Arsenal player.
But he’s become a lovely and convenient scapegoat for the English press to attack, and sure enough Ozil bears the brunt of the back pages’ ire following Arsenal’s Champions League exit at the hands of Bayern.
This despite only playing 45 minutes, and missing the 2nd half through no fault of his own, but through injury.
The 42 million pound price tag gives them the license to blame Ozil for all of Arsenal’s woes, apparently.
Watch Live Stream
- Ex Arsenal man Andrey Arshavin assists unreal backheel golazo from outside the box (Video)May 30th, 2016
- Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin reveals he could be in Spain Euros squad after Carvajal’s i...May 29th, 2016
- Pots revealed for next season’s CL group stage draw ft. Arsenal & Spurs in lower potsMay 29th, 2016
- N’Golo Kante happy at Leicester ‘for now’, Arsenal continue to be linked [LR...May 28th, 2016
- Arsenal star Mesut Ozil is ‘seriously considering’ offers from Bayern & Barcelon...May 27th, 2016
- Arsenal star Mesut Ozil feeds a tiger in Dubai, animal paws him in his private parts (Video)May 25th, 2016
- Arsenal keeper Petr Cech heaps praise on “extraordinary” Mesut Ozil (Video)May 24th, 2016
- Mesut Ozil Likes Instagram post criticising Arsenal team mate Olivier GiroudMay 22nd, 2016