Mirror & Mail rip into ‘£42m flop Mesut Ozil’ after Arsenal go out to Bayern, even though he only played 1 half
Mesut Ozil didn’t have a very good game against Bayern Munich last night, but as ever, he wasn’t the only Arsenal player.
But he’s become a lovely and convenient scapegoat for the English press to attack, and sure enough Ozil bears the brunt of the back pages’ ire following Arsenal’s Champions League exit at the hands of Bayern.
This despite only playing 45 minutes, and missing the 2nd half through no fault of his own, but through injury.
The 42 million pound price tag gives them the license to blame Ozil for all of Arsenal’s woes, apparently.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsene Wenger interested in taking England job next summer [Star]September 28, 2016
- Theo Walcott discusses his brilliant form after Arsenal 2 – Basel 0 (Video)September 28, 2016
- Arsene Wenger struggles to keep a straight face when asked about taking England job (Video)September 28, 2016
- Brotherly Love: Granit & Taulant Xhaka exchange shirts after Arsenal 2 – Basel 0 (GIF)September 28, 2016
- Wilshere on his way out? Arsenal fans react to Mesut Ozil’s reported new shirt number [Tweets]September 28, 2016
- Arsenal agree a mega-deal with Mesut Ozil [Bild]September 28, 2016
- Gooners think Mesut Ozil is the best midfielder in the world (Videos)September 25, 2016
- Mesut Ozil’s awesome gesture to a young Arsenal fan after the Chelsea win (Video)September 24, 2016