Mirror Football’s Tweet makes biblical analogy with Steve Bruce’s decision to ‘sacrifice’ son Alex
- August 23, 2014
The Mirror’s Alan Nixon drew an unwitting biblica analogy into the transfer window in a tweet yerterday (or was it intentional?)
With Steve Bruce set to use son Alex as a makeweight in a deal to bring Jordan Rhodes to Hull, the Mirror’s hack updated on the situation by declaring that Bruce will ‘sacrifice’ son Alex.
An evocative tweet that calls to mind biblical character Abraham, who slew his son at the behest of God…so the story goes.
Abraham-esque RT @MirrorFootball: Exclusive: Steve Bruce will clinch a £12m deal for Jordan Rhodes – by sacrificing son Alex in the move
— Oliver Kay (@OliverKayTimes) August 22, 2014
— Joe Stanley-Smith (@joestanleysmith) August 22, 2014
- A week after Chuba Akpom said he wanted to stay at Arsenal, he joins Hull on loan (Pict...
- Al Ain 0 – Hull 4: Ahmed Elmohamady scores a double for the Tigers (Highlights)
- How much? West Brom to sign Hull centre-back James Chester for £8m [Tweets]
- Paul McShane posts nasty photo of his leg after Marouane Fellaini’s tackle on him...
- Louis van Gaal berates “unbelievably stupid” Marouane Fellaini after Hull 0...
- Jimmy Bullard reckons Newcastle dropping to the Championship would be ‘unheard of...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi