Mirror Football’s Tweet makes biblical analogy with Steve Bruce’s decision to ‘sacrifice’ son Alex
The Mirror’s Alan Nixon drew an unwitting biblica analogy into the transfer window in a tweet yerterday (or was it intentional?)
With Steve Bruce set to use son Alex as a makeweight in a deal to bring Jordan Rhodes to Hull, the Mirror’s hack updated on the situation by declaring that Bruce will ‘sacrifice’ son Alex.
An evocative tweet that calls to mind biblical character Abraham, who slew his son at the behest of God…so the story goes.
Abraham-esque RT @MirrorFootball: Exclusive: Steve Bruce will clinch a £12m deal for Jordan Rhodes – by sacrificing son Alex in the move
— Oliver Kay (@OliverKayTimes) August 22, 2014
— Joe Stanley-Smith (@joestanleysmith) August 22, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Juan Mata’s cheeky joke about Man United’s late win at HullAugust 29, 2016
- 12 of 14 Man United players celebrate late Hull win on InstagramAugust 28, 2016
- Jose Mourinho discussed Fergie Time after Man United win at Hull (Video)August 27, 2016
- Man United fans will love Marcus Rashford’s interview after late winner at Hull (Video)August 27, 2016
- Man United legend Ryan Giggs in line to take over as Hull manager following Bruce exit [Star]July 22, 2016
- Official video of Gus Poyet & Steve Bruce’s touchline scuffle during Hull v SunderlandMarch 4, 2015
- Hull boss Steve Bruce & Sunderland’s Gus Poyet get into a touchline spat [Pictures]March 3, 2015
- Steve Bruce on Joey Barton red: ‘You can’t go around punching people in the knackers can ya?’February 23, 2015