Mirror Football’s Tweet makes biblical analogy with Steve Bruce’s decision to ‘sacrifice’ son Alex
The Mirror’s Alan Nixon drew an unwitting biblica analogy into the transfer window in a tweet yerterday (or was it intentional?)
With Steve Bruce set to use son Alex as a makeweight in a deal to bring Jordan Rhodes to Hull, the Mirror’s hack updated on the situation by declaring that Bruce will ‘sacrifice’ son Alex.
An evocative tweet that calls to mind biblical character Abraham, who slew his son at the behest of God…so the story goes.
Abraham-esque RT @MirrorFootball: Exclusive: Steve Bruce will clinch a £12m deal for Jordan Rhodes – by sacrificing son Alex in the move
— Oliver Kay (@OliverKayTimes) August 22, 2014
— Joe Stanley-Smith (@joestanleysmith) August 22, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Middlesbrough v Hull: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 4, 2016
- Hull v Newcastle: Watch a Live Stream of the EFL Cup quarter-finalNovember 29, 2016
- Hull v Newcastle: EFL Cup preview, line-ups & predictionsNovember 28, 2016
- Hull’s Josh Tymon is one of the lowest paid players in Premier League history [Tweets]November 20, 2016
- Paul Parker recalls the time Fergie smashed a Man United player’s phone (Video)November 8, 2016
- Man United legend Ryan Giggs in line to take over as Hull manager following Bruce exit [Star]July 22, 2016
- Official video of Gus Poyet & Steve Bruce’s touchline scuffle during Hull v SunderlandMarch 4, 2015
- Hull boss Steve Bruce & Sunderland’s Gus Poyet get into a touchline spat [Pictures]March 3, 2015