Mirror Football’s Tweet makes biblical analogy with Steve Bruce’s decision to ‘sacrifice’ son Alex
The Mirror’s Alan Nixon drew an unwitting biblica analogy into the transfer window in a tweet yerterday (or was it intentional?)
With Steve Bruce set to use son Alex as a makeweight in a deal to bring Jordan Rhodes to Hull, the Mirror’s hack updated on the situation by declaring that Bruce will ‘sacrifice’ son Alex.
An evocative tweet that calls to mind biblical character Abraham, who slew his son at the behest of God…so the story goes.
Abraham-esque RT @MirrorFootball: Exclusive: Steve Bruce will clinch a £12m deal for Jordan Rhodes – by sacrificing son Alex in the move
— Oliver Kay (@OliverKayTimes) August 22, 2014
— Joe Stanley-Smith (@joestanleysmith) August 22, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Liverpool considered as possible title contenders after win over Hull [Tweets]September 24, 2016
- Ryan Mason scores a beauty as Hull win 2-1 at Stoke (Official video)September 22, 2016
- Why Jake Livermore should not have been sent off during Hull 1 – Arsenal 4September 18, 2016
- Alex Iwobi admits he thought he’d scored Arsenal’s opener at Hull [Instagram]September 18, 2016
- Man United legend Ryan Giggs in line to take over as Hull manager following Bruce exit [Star]July 22, 2016
- Official video of Gus Poyet & Steve Bruce’s touchline scuffle during Hull v SunderlandMarch 4, 2015
- Hull boss Steve Bruce & Sunderland’s Gus Poyet get into a touchline spat [Pictures]March 3, 2015
- Steve Bruce on Joey Barton red: ‘You can’t go around punching people in the knackers can ya?’February 23, 2015