- The Wealdstone Raider thanks Rio Ferdinand and Piers Morgan for their support [Video]
- Crazy! Alexandre Meier scores two goals in last minute to rescue point for Frankfurt in 4-4 draw! [Video]
- Cheeky! Porta [Independiente] knocks the ball past keeper, stops it on the line and backheels it in [Video]
- Nabil Bentaleb’s first Spurs goal came courtesy of a fumble from Newcastle keeper Jak Alnwick [Video]
- Openly gay footballer Robbie Rogers speaks about overwhelming support after coming out [Video]
Mirror Football’s Tweet makes biblical analogy with Steve Bruce’s decision to ‘sacrifice’ son Alex
The Mirror’s Alan Nixon drew an unwitting biblica analogy into the transfer window in a tweet yerterday (or was it intentional?)
With Steve Bruce set to use son Alex as a makeweight in a deal to bring Jordan Rhodes to Hull, the Mirror’s hack updated on the situation by declaring that Bruce will ‘sacrifice’ son Alex.
An evocative tweet that calls to mind biblical character Abraham, who slew his son at the behest of God…so the story goes.
Abraham-esque RT @MirrorFootball: Exclusive: Steve Bruce will clinch a £12m deal for Jordan Rhodes – by sacrificing son Alex in the move
— Oliver Kay (@OliverKayTimes) August 22, 2014
— Joe Stanley-Smith (@joestanleysmith) August 22, 2014
- Updated: August 23, 2014