- Arsene Wenger confirms Gabriel Paulista signing is imminent, no work permit issue [Video]
- Arsenal Superfan Moh hails Tomas Rosicky after FA Cup win over Brighton [Video]
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger on FA Cup favourites tag: ‘Manchester United might go through’ (!) [Video]
- Claude & Ty BFFs after Arsenal’s win over Brighton & Hove Albion! [Video]
- Spurs & Man United legend Teddy Sheringham scores lovely chip in Fernando Ricksen charity match
Miranda asks to leave Atletico in order to move to Man United or Barcelona [Marca]
The dismantling of Atletico Madrid appears to be continuing this Wednesday, as Spanish daily Marca report that defender Miranda is determined to engineer a move away from the Vicente Calderon this summer.
Miranda has been linked with a move to either Manchester United or Barcelona, and the defnder has now told the Rojiblancos he wants out.
Speaking to ESPN Brazil, 29-year-old Miranda disclosed:
I have some offers and we are negotiating. I have offers from Spanish and English leagues and from some less important ones too.
My agent is in Europe to decide my future, my buy-out fee at Atletico Madrid is €30million, but that can be negotiated.
According to the rumour mill, Miranda has been in talks with Manchester United for some time, and the Red Devils are willing to pay his release clause.
New Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal sees Miranda as a key component of his defence next season and Atletico can do nothing since the Premier League giants are matching his release clause.
It’s also been claimed that Miranda has been to Manchester in recent weeks and has even searched for schools for his children to join in the city.
Saying that, Barcelona could also move for the Brazilian defender to snatch him from under the noses of Old Trafford.
The Miranda story can be seen at the bottom of Marca’s splash on Wednesday.
- Updated: June 11, 2014