- Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey: ‘We’re not bothered about criticism, we have great belief in ourselves’ [Video]
- Barcelona star Lionel Messi scores to become all-time Champions League top scorer [Best Tweets]
- Wenger: ‘We have values at Arsenal; I’d have preferred Usmanov to tell me face to face’ [Video]
- Stick him up top! Arsenal’s Wojciech Szczesny brilliantly reproduced Kanu’s famous goal v Chelsea [Video]
- Ander Herrera scores lovely goal for the Man United U21s v Blackburn [Video]
The idiot fan & shambolic security: Millwall fan pushes Derby boss Nigel Clough, escapes on the pitch
to the lone Milwall fan running across the pitch what a tosser you look! A lot of 'Wall fans will be embarrassed by that #mfc
— Danny Corbett (@DARCorbett84) September 15, 2013
Milwall fans doing what they do best. Attacking. pic.twitter.com/zUvlWJg3iX
— Salam Hafez (@SalamHafez) September 15, 2013
Milwall fans are disgusting
— BourneHub.com (@HarryBourne7) September 14, 2013
Millwall’s reputation on and of the pitch took another battering on Saturday.
The Lions were hammered 5-1 at home by Derby to leave them bottom of the table after round six, while one idiotic supporter grabbed the headlines for some unruly behaviour.
In a deplorable scene, a Millwall supporter ran towards Derby’s technical area where he shoved 47-year-old Nigel Clough before scampering off. Then, almost even more incredibly, the fan managed to cross the complete width of the New Den to escape getting caught and charged by the security at the game.
Derby coach Andy Garner later told BBC Radio Derby about the incident, saying:
It’s not very nice and obviously the guy didn’t have anything in his hand but you just don’t know do you? I didn’t know where he [the fan] was going. I just saw him put his hand on the gaffer, which I wasn’t very happy about.
I was trying to get him off and then he ran off. But there was no chance of me catching him that’s for sure so I did a couple of yards of a jog. It’s a hostile place. The fans are passionate and he had his point to make. Luckily nobody got hurt.
Watch footage of the Millwall fan running across the New Den pitch below.
- Updated: September 15, 2013