Middlesbrough’s players celebrated a goal at Derby with a fan in a wheelchair who invaded the pitch [Picture]
- December 5, 2013
A wonderful moment was spotted at Derby’s Pride Park stadium on Wednesday night after Middlesbrough scored an equaliser against the Rams.
Steve McClaren’s Derby are rocketing up the Championship table having recorded their fourth straight win to lift them into fourth place in the division, and on Wednesday night the Rams picked up a 2-1 home win over Boro.
Chris Martin and a 90th minute winner from Conor Sammon earned Derby the three points, while Dean Whitehead thought he had given Boro a share of the spoils with a 74th minute leveller.
After scoring Boro’s goal a brilliant incident was spotted on the sidelines as a Middlesbrough fan in a wheelchair rolled himself onto the pitch to celebrate the goal with his heroes.
In a lovely sight, the Boro players all crowded around the disabled pitch invader to allow him to have a moment he’ll never forget, however reports from the game did observe that after the incident stewards chained off the disabled seating section to stop the incident happening again.
- Derby v Leeds: Watch a Live Stream
- Save of the season contender? Tomasz Kuszczak (Birmingham) v Derby County (video)
- Brilliant: Derby fan yells hilarious instructions at a ref for how to line up Boro̵...
- Birmingham v Derby: Watch a Live Stream
- Portsmouth 2 – Derby 1: Rams dumped out the Capital One Cup at the 1st hurdle (Of...
- Ex-Man City striker Paulo Wanchope gets into an epic fight with security during Costa R...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...