Micky Quinn reacts to a newspaper report that an Arsenal fan prefers him up-front to Nicklas Bendtner
Its not that bad is it Arsenal fans pic.twitter.com/dEFsGik8cU
— mick quinn (@mickquinn1089) October 30, 2013
One of the biggest talking points for venting Arsenal fans following their limp defeat to Chelsea in the Capital One Cup has been to focus their anger on wayward striker Nicklas Bendtner.
Bendtner, who by most accounts should be long gone from the Emirates, got a rare outing for Arsene Wenger against the Blues, but the forward blew him chance to impress.
Looking to ram home just how disappointing Bendtner was, one English paper has run with the story of an Arsenal fan who begged Micky Quinn – the now 51-year-old oversized ex-pro – to get on the pitch instead of nincompoop Nicklas.
The paper wrote:
[Bendtner] barely touched the ball in the first 45 minutes which prompted on Arsenal fan to turn to former Newcastle striker Micky Quinn, who was in the press box to ask him if he could come on instead of Bendtner.
Now Micky Quinn has got involved in the debate with a nice self deprecating message on Twitter (see above).
Listen to Arsenal fan Bully ripping into Nicklas Bendtner below.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal agree a mega-deal with Mesut Ozil [Bild]September 28, 2016
- Arsenal’s Theo Walcott sounds like Conor McGregor, reveals secret to his resurgence (Video)September 27, 2016
- Santi Cazorla picks his all-time Arsenal XI, includes 1 player from current side (video)September 27, 2016
- Good news for Arsenal as Arsene Wenger confirms Francis Coquelin’s comeback timetableSeptember 27, 2016
- #TheRebootIsOn: Lord Bendtner thanks the Arsenal fansSeptember 21, 2016
- Nottingham Forest vs Arsenal [Team Sheets]September 20, 2016
- Arsenal’s Arsene Wenger admits shock at Nicklas Bendtner’s move to Nottingham Forest (Video)September 20, 2016
- Did Nicklas Bendtner Troll Paul Pogba after Man United defeat at Watford? [Instagram]September 18, 2016